Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am currently building a 5.4 DOHC with 03-04 cobra intake and eaton supercharger. The 5.4 has all forged internals and dished pistons, 03 Navigator ported/polished heads, FRPP high lift cam shafts, RR intake adapter plates, and a T-56 to replace my 4R70W (3/4 slipping). I have allmost everything to complete this 2.5 year build except for the following.
  1. New 03 Navigator timing cover that I need modified to accept the s/c bridge pulley and any other provisions it may need.
  2. Long tube headers to fit the 5.4DOHC to the 01 GT body. I am using an AJE "K" member to give as much room as possible.
  3. Complete dual pump return style fuel system, sumped or baffled tank, fuel lines and regulator. I have the fuel rails and 60lb injectors
  4. knock sensors
  5. water line from water pump that runs under intake to back of motor
  6. a good tune to get me started until I can get to a dyno to dial it in. (currently running a diablo sport chip, tuned by Randy Haywood)
I am trying not to take anything from the 2v motor for this build. It has less than 36,000 original miles on it. If anyone could help me out or send me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good luck with ur swap, ur gonna have a tough time getting it under a hood but it will go. I completed my swap a few months ago and can try and put in my 2 cents work if you want...
1. Sorry cant help you...I have a ProCharger on mine, but ANYTHING can be modified to work..lol

2. I have shorties on mine but have heard you can massage longtubes to fit with an aftermarket K. Thats on my list of things to swap out in the future...

3. You are deff gonna want a true return style fuel system so Im assuming you have aftermarket rails. You can buy a sumped thank, Glens has a nice product. I built my fuel system at home to save some money, and i just like doing all the work I can. I would reconsider the 60's and think about using 80's.

4. Throw the knock sensors out.

5. Unfortunately I used the tube from the 2v on mine and modified the tab where it bolts to the head since its in a diff location

6. I got a dead on tune to get mine started and broke in, hell even was good enuf to drive up and down the road to ck for leaks and noises. Call Dave at Motiva Perfomance Enginereing... Where are you located?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.