Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, too make a long story short i had my car ('98 COBRA) in reverse and i did give it way too much gas and had some massive wheel hop like i've never felt before (i thought the rear end was gonna fall off).....so then i go to take it out of reverse and the thing is stuck in there solid, i mean there is no taking it out of gear even w/the car turned off! what could this be, the car is at a buddies house so i can actually work on it there if need be but really don't want to drop the trans in his driveway if that's what needs to be done...so if i have to i'll have it towed home so i can drop the trans in my garage! so did something inside of the trans break to not allow me to disengage it out of gear, or like a bent shift fork (is that possible since i wasn't shifting into a gear), or is it maybe something simplar outside the trans like a broken linkage or something?? i need some help and opinions, is there anyway i could get it into like 3rd gear to atleast be able to drive it home (could walk it out of 3rd w/the big 4.30s)...lemme know what u ppl think please, THANK YOU!

·
Registered
302 Posts
My 96 did this before, I had to play with it for about 5 min. before I got it out of gear. I don't know exactly what got it out, but I tried easing out on the clutch while I was pushing the shifter out of gear. I tried killing the car and with the cluth pressed in I rolled the car backwards and let out on the clutch hard, like I was just to push start it with the key off. I basically tried anything I could and it finally came out.. Hasn't got stuck since. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, i'll try that even tho unfortunately i think it's something a lot more major than that....i'm afraid i broke something, but maybe not we'll see!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts