Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my car has the sct flip chip and my computer is still out due to me being lazy and not wanting to put it back in. Anyways the chip had accidentally come off the computer and i tried to start the car and it wouldn't start. Then i realized the chip was out so i put it back in and now the car will not start and the theft light keeps coming on. I dissconnected the battery and that didn't help.
Anyone have any ideas what it could be???

·
Registered
86 Posts
Make sure the chip is all the way in and put a piece of duct tape over it. I chased that problem for a week one time thinking my chip was secure.

·
Registered
131 Posts
the anti-theft is keeping you car from starting. it flashes when you try and crank it right? leave your battery disconected for a half hour - hour and maybe youll get lucky. if not you'll have to get it towed to a dealership and get the keys reprogramed.

·
Registered
290 Posts
yep anti theft. had the same problem. i just turned it off in my tune and the car fired right up

·
Registered
374 Posts
My friend had the same issue. Turned out he had static electricity when he touched the ECU and fried it. He had to buy a used one and get it programmed since the VINs didnt line up

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep i think i did the same thing ;(.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts