Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2003 Cobra that just started over heating. It was spewing coolant out of the cap. Had it towed in. They changed out the thermastat and the water pump. It ran fine for a while then over heated again. Towing it back tomorrow. The fan seems to be working o.k. but I will have them check it. Any ideas???? Thanks. No mods to the engine accept exhaust and CAI.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Start it up, take out the coolant bung in the crossver tube. See if you can add any coolant to that. There could be air trapped after the work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
overheat

I feel you on that one only maybe a little worse I have a blown head on the #2 cylinder to be exact except I have a 6lb lower 3.10 upper chip CAI kooks LT magnaflow x and cat back not to metion a KB on the way so I'm lookin at a no warrenty head repair with a $4k blower that will cost 20% to have put back on the shelf (they don't tell ya that) fear not I'm still tryin to have the fastest 03 in Hawaii.:evil

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Re: overheat

burn0913 said:
I feel you on that one only maybe a little worse I have a blown head on the #2 cylinder to be exact except I have a 6lb lower 3.10 upper chip CAI kooks LT magnaflow x and cat back not to metion a KB on the way so I'm lookin at a no warrenty head repair with a $4k blower that will cost 20% to have put back on the shelf (they don't tell ya that) fear not I'm still tryin to have the fastest 03 in Hawaii.:evil
Well, if your going to take a 20% hit to have them restock it why dont you offer it to a fellow cobra owner then? Im sure someone would jump on it if its a brand new kit and would likely even pay more than KB would give you after restocking. Hell even if you sold it for 10% less that would save someone $350 and get you $350 more than KB will give ya.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
How the hell did you blow a headgasket, was the tune out of sorts?? Makes me wonder when I see guys running insane boost levels with KB's and nitrous to boot and not having problems and then someone with an upper and lower combo is popping headgaskets! :mad:

·
Registered
29 Posts
kb resale

sorry guys to stubborn to give up my blower i'll take a loan to fix the car if i need to but as for every one else's boost levels i wouldn't worry to much i had a problem with the car due to my own stupidity on a couple of occasions i still think the motor is capable of handling far more boost than its already had i fed it the wrong plugs once and argued with a wall while inebriated so don't worry about your cobra after all my kb should land me about 24lbs hoping for low 700s with a small shot maybe eight. my goal is to shut a local chevy shop with a car i can drive to work. I won't give up unless i throw a rod and even then i'll probably just build another:evil

·
Registered
521 Posts
Re: kb resale

burn0913 said:
sorry guys to stubborn to give up my blower i'll take a loan to fix the car if i need to but as for every one else's boost levels i wouldn't worry to much i had a problem with the car due to my own stupidity on a couple of occasions i still think the motor is capable of handling far more boost than its already had i fed it the wrong plugs once and argued with a wall while inebriated so don't worry about your cobra after all my kb should land me about 24lbs hoping for low 700s with a small shot maybe eight. my goal is to shut a local chevy shop with a car i can drive to work. I won't give up unless i throw a rod and even then i'll probably just build another:evil
There in no F&%king way I'm gonna let you sell the blower. lol. That fricking car will get fixed one way or another. And I understand your desire to be the 2ND fastest 03 in Hawaii.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
keep dreamin

even if i have the second fastest cobra on Hawaii I'll still have quicker time slips and you know your wife won't let go as crazy as I can

:evil

·
Registered
521 Posts
Re: keep dreamin

burn0913 said:
even if i have the second fastest cobra on Hawaii I'll still have quicker time slips and you know your wife won't let go as crazy as I can

:evil
FOCK! Good Point....:(

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
IC let us in on the stupid things you did to pop a headgasket???? I promise I wont laugh. :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm sure the heating problem's related to the head gasket, but if it's not, Ford did recall a number of '03s late last year, and they stopped the assembly line for awhile due to a cooling problem. Depending on your date of manufacture, you may have a TSB or recall for yours.

·
Registered
82 Posts
There was a guy who posted on Svt Performance who was claiming the same problem. I think the link was, Ford sucks." I found it becasue I am having the same problem and trying to do some research before I take it in. Good luck and let me know if they come up with a fix.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts