Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my tuner my FPDC will go to 500 and stop. Shouldn't it read higher? My car just started hard starting and running funny at idle. Can someone shed some light on this. I think i might have a bad pump.Thanks

By the way i have a whole Fore system,rails hat,GT pumps whole nine yards.

·
Registered
494 Posts
You mean fuel pump duty cycle is showing 0.500? If so, that means your pumps are maxed. You have to take that value and multiply by 2 to get the actual duty cycle percentage. If that is the case, you don't want to be getting on your car until the issue is resolved. When did you do the GT pump/Fore install? Anything installed recently? Did you just fill up with gas? What is the fuel pump duty cycle at idle?

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 0.50 represent 50% FPDC

With LiveLink, I believe that the percentage is shown in the form of numbers AFTER (to the right of) the decimal place. No calculation necessary... as far as I know, and have been told-

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just installed the rails a week ago but its been fine. Duty cycle stays around 200-300 at idle. i can't see my FS being maxed unless i have one pump not working. I have Fore hat gt pumps,dash 8 line up to the new fore rails.

Just got gas yesterday

I also had a P0148 code --Fuel delivery

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
See my post above, as I said, I don't believe .500 represents 100% FPDC. Also, you should see between (about) 28%-34% FPDC at idle. Sounds like you're well within that range, if not on the lower side, so you should be alright?

I'm sure someone will chime in for sure with some concrete evidence-

·
Registered
494 Posts
just installed the rails a week ago but its been fine. Duty cycle stays around 200-300 at idle. i can't see my FS being maxed unless i have one pump not working. I have Fore hat gt pumps,dash 8 line up to the new fore rails.

Just got gas yesterday

I also had a P0148 code --Fuel delivery
If you are using the fuel_pump_duty_cycle signal, then that means you are at 40-60% at idle. That doesn't sound right at all. My car with a dual FPDM/GT pump/Fore hat combo its at .15-.16 @idle, or 30-32%. If you are using the other signal, that means 20-30%. That sounds far too low to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts