Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to sell my 02 Lightning and either buy a 03 Cobra or a 03 Lightning and a mild racecar. I can get a really good deal on either one of the 03's

The racecar car will be for testing purposes, I will be looking for something blown and fuel injected that make around 700rwhp.

Tell me what you all think? If you think I am sick in the head, thats cool, my Wife has been telling me that on a regualr basis latley.

If your curious about my 02, you can see it here:
http://www.nloc.info/forum/showthre...&threadid=35671

G

·
i cant see anything wrong with a 03 with 700rwhp for testing

kb or lysolm blower/turbo
full exaust
clutch upgrade
live axel
big injectors......

·
Registered
64 Posts
well........

depends what your looking to do. Auto X get the 03 CObra. Drag racing only then the lightning would probably be better because of the solid rear.

If you are thinking Lightning better get one before 05 cause thats when they are using an IRS in it and I imagine that will be a problem for the drag strip considering how light the truck already is in the rear.

I love the CObra and so far at the drag strip the IRS has not been a problem, but I keep reading once you add power to it it becomes a serious problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Get the Cobra for the track or drag racing. The weight difference is important and the Cobra can make serious power with full exhaust and the twin screw. You can always swap out the IRS for a solid axle if you are that serious about drag racing. Plenty of GT owners are willing to trade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts