Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mod list is in the signature. It's still my 118k daily driver, but I want 12's bad. Only rule is it's gotta be N/A. Throw out any suggestions please :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
you should be able to run 12's with what you have done. unless you are running at high elevation and or in shitty weather conditions.

i ran 12.9's with just gears, a k&n and nitto dr's.

what's you best 60' time, best mph and best ET?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
yes I agree, he should be in the 12's with what he has. Please post your best timeslip stats to date so we can have a better Idea of what you car is doing. thanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
I agree, should be in the 12's. My buddy is running 12.20's with a little taller gear, LT's and suspension work, on slicks he is getting 1.59 60 ft times, thats the key I think, getting these cars off the line and into the upper half of the RPM range!! :D Good Luck.

·
Registered
385 Posts
96blkcobra said:
yes I agree, he should be in the 12's with what he has. Please post your best timeslip stats to date so we can have a better Idea of what you car is doing. thanks
What he said:)

·
Registered
302 Posts
ET streets and launch at 5K RPM. :D

worked for me!

EDIT: You are probably running 13.2 at about 106??? correct?

·
Registered
302 Posts
with some hot nitto's and 4.10's I was able to launch mine at 3500.. You should be able to atleast try 2500, and that should get the car in the sub 2.0 60's.. Mine would do 1.98 60's on Nittos.

·
Registered
61 Posts
your 60' times arnt good enough. you need to get them at least into the 1.9's

with a 1.9x 60' your car should be able to hit 12's.

my car will typically run 12.7's if i cut a 1.9x

it will run 12.5's when i get my 60' times in the low 1.8s

make sure you are heating the nitto's up. At first i wasnt and my 60' times sucked. you should do a good second gear burn out for around 5-6 seconds. i launch around 3,800 slipping the clutch a bit.

why the 99 mph? did you have serious traction problems and couldn't get into it? or was it weather?

·
Registered
374 Posts
BlueVenom said:
your 60' times arnt good enough. you need to get them at least into the 1.9's

with a 1.9x 60' your car should be able to hit 12's.

my car will typically run 12.7's if i cut a 1.9x

it will run 12.5's when i get my 60' times in the low 1.8s

make sure you are heating the nitto's up. At first i wasnt and my 60' times sucked. you should do a good second gear burn out for around 5-6 seconds. i launch around 3,800 slipping the clutch a bit.

why the 99 mph? did you have serious traction problems and couldn't get into it? or was it weather?
John,

What do you have done to your car. I have ran almost 109, but my et was only 12.8x.

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
61 Posts
4.30 gears
nitto 555R DR's
K&N
BBK LT's
O/R H Pipe
UD Pulleys
Magna Flow Cat Back
EEC Tuner

my best 60' time with the nitto's is a 1.81. I feel if i could get in the 1.7's the car would run 12.3's

i run the car with 1/4 tank of gas. No spare tire or jack. No other weight mods.

I also have the front swaybar is removed.

·
Registered
374 Posts
BlueVenom said:
4.30 gears
nitto 555R DR's
K&N
BBK LT's
O/R H Pipe
UD Pulleys
Magna Flow Cat Back
EEC Tuner

whats do your 60's look like?

my best 60' time with the nitto's is a 1.81. I feel if i could get in the 1.7's the car would run 12.3's
My best 60' with nittos was 1.865 (in my sig). I ran ET Streets recently in really bad air, mustered a 1.79 60' but only went [email protected]

We have pretty much the same modifications performance wise. However, I think my tremec leaches a bit of power plus the clutch in the car makes it difficult to launch (it's either on or off, no feathering).

Tony

·
Registered
61 Posts
i put a spec stage II in last year. Forgot that one.

i think that bob cosby lost 10-15 rear wheel hp with the his tremec. It also weighs more that the t-45.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mods, #'s, E.T in sig.

I think you guys are being a little generous, unless 4.30's are that much better than 4.10's, your not gonna see 12's unless you get your 60' to -1.87 Otherwise you'll be right about where my times are, maybe a little higher.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Vash said:
Mods, #'s, E.T in sig.

I think you guys are being a little generous, unless 4.30's are that much better than 4.10's, your not gonna see 12's unless you get your 60' to -1.87 Otherwise you'll be right about where my times are, maybe a little higher.
Dude, if I can get 12s with 2:73s on a internally STOCK 4V, you should be able to do it w/ gears. I went from [email protected] to [email protected] My ONLY changes were Lakewood 90/10s and Fox 4cyl front springs. Same track, hotter weather. All runs were on 255/50/16 DRs.

I only have 4 power mods besides the 4V itself. BBK LTs, BBK shorty o/r H, WMS CAI, and a chip.

Darren

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm hoping to hit the track this wednesday, if not this saturday. I changed out the IMRC controlling since I had a CEL about it not opening (didn't even turn on the engine light though, which was werid).

oh yeah, my best 60 so far is 1.96 on Nittos, unfortunately, the T-45 didn't like it and gave up at half track on a 2-3 powershift :mad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts