Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
My car is freaking out or something. It has been bucking slightly at part throttle and we assumed it was the timing adjuster, so we were going to back the timing down. Unfortunately we haven't had the time to adjust it, but now the problem is getting alot worse. We are going to put the CPS back into the engine and see if that eliminates the problem.
It no longer bucks at part throttle, even at WOT, throughout the power band it lurches as it accelerates. At idle you can hear it almost burping through the exhaust. Cruising along at normal speeds it lurches as it tries to slightly accelerate and when I go wide open it stutters its way to redline. WTF is wrong? This sounds like its alot worse than a timing problem? I need to get it into the shop and check the plugs. Could this be a fuel system problem? Could I have burnt a plug or a wire? Where do I even start? We're going to hook it up to WDS but I want to go into the troubleshooting session with an idea where to start. I want to put the CPS back and if that doesn't fix it I'm going to pull the plugs. Maybe a cylinder isn't firing right or something. Any suggestions? I'm getting extremely tired of stuff breaking.
Thanks.

-Derek

·
Registered
138 Posts
ouch no codes huh, start with fire, plugs, wires, coils etc.....then move to fuel. Thats all the advice I can give you not much to work with :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with start with the basics.
I would clean the MAF then spray a can of injection cleaner into any vacuum port while keeping the engine running at a fast idle. This will remove any gunk that has built up on the backs of the intake valves which will eliminate one possibility.

Dwayne

·
Registered
138 Posts
I always forget about that MAF that is a good place to start that thing if it gets oil on it will cause all sorts of problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts