Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's been 2 week of checking every connection, wire, ground and still no power to the fuel pump.... Here's alittle back ground... I was driving doing about 45-50 MPH and the car just shut down. I though it was a fuse or relay maybe even the fuel pump... I checked under the hood and my fuel pressure gauge was showing 40 PSI... At the time there wasn't a CEL light just the thief light blinking.... I get it towed home and preceed to change CCRM, check all fuse in car and under hood... I buy a EVTM to trace every wire from the CCRM to the fuel pump. Now when i turn the key there's no CEL or thief light, ABS, HI temp or the voltage meter doesn't move... Everything else works, radio, door locks windows, lights.. So i check the EVTM and it shows that the voltage meter and anti-thief (PATS), CCRM runs off of I/P fuse #18 with a 20amp fuse the only works in start or run... I hook up my test light and try it when im cranking the engine and i get no power... No power through this fuse means no power to the ECM relay, Fuel pump relay and no power to the pump..... My question to anyone that can help, does this mean that ant ief and/or PATS box are dead and killing the fuel pump and ECU???? I am thinking about taking it to ford to have 2 new keys and the computer reprogrammed because i only have 1 key... Any help would be great thanks for reading

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after months of tracing wire after wire i finally found out my problem.. After check my ignition switch i noticed that my clifford alarm was spliced into it... I havent used my alarm in about 5 yrs because i broke each of the remotes.. i disconnect it and nothing.. So i decided to use a jumper wire and jump the splice and BINGO it started and were back in busy.... AFTERMARKET ALARMS SUCKS...... JMO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.