Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Anyone have good pics of a complete roll cage 8 point for the 05-07 mustang or gt500? Need asap thanx. mainly rear bars
The absolutely nicest rear bar setup I've seen in an S197 is in all the cars that are done by JDM Engineering.
The rear bars follow the roof line and drop down into the rear parcel shelf.
They then tie in to a crossbar that ties the 2 rear shock towers together.
A real work of art.
As for the rest of the cage here are some nice pics.
http://www.modularfords.com/showpost.php?p=1309547&postcount=64

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx for the pics... do you have any dimensions on where the back bars come thru the shelf, by the speakers and anything in the trunk? We have gotten a bit done today on the cage. cant believe how thin the floorboards are on the car. shit!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm about finished with my 1st cage and I will post my pics. lol. I will show as much detail as possible beings it seems impossible that anyone has any during const. pics to release... I will put them on in a few...

·
Old School
2,801 Posts
How are you going to weld the tops when you already have the front floor plates welded in?

·
Old School
2,801 Posts
what do you mean weld the tops?
The tops of the bars. Where the weld wraps around the back bars to the tops of the main. If the cage is super tight in the car you can only weld the top correctly by cutting holes in the floor below the mount point and dropping the cage through. Unless you know a secret I dont.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The tops of the bars. Where the weld wraps around the back bars to the tops of the main. If the cage is super tight in the car you can only weld the top correctly by cutting holes in the floor below the mount point and dropping the cage through. Unless you know a secret I dont.
I have them already welded at the top. I had a guy come in last night and he a has very short tig gun and was able to get it done. He's welded for over 35 years and has done some real complicated stuff, this was a walk in the park for him.

·
Old School
2,801 Posts
I have them already welded at the top. I had a guy come in last night and he a has very short tig gun and was able to get it done. He's welded for over 35 years and has done some real complicated stuff, this was a walk in the park for him.
Thats cool. The way I was saying you can have the bars pressed against the interior.

·
Old School
2,801 Posts
Those pics posted earlier show a pretty tight cage. As far as what I meant you just bend and cut the bas so they are all the way against the headliner, tack them, then to weld them up, you hole saw or plasma cut the floor pan directly under where the bars touch the floof, and drop the cage down to the ground. Then once your welds are complete, you raise the cage back up and slide your floor support plates in and weld them up. Each car is different for sealing the floor back. sometime you can shape the floor pan a little, sometimes you need to shape the support plates a little, sometimes a good dose of seam sealer will work well. This is what makes a really nice cage IMO. You can hide a cage really well in a S-197 due to the roofline and such.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.