Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bfg 315/30/18 on AFS 10.5X18's. Have spacer and shaved IRS bolt, so fit is tight but ok inside. But the outside rubs on the fender with hard turns or big bumps. I love these tires, help!

Grover

·
Registered
105 Posts
What width spacer are you running? You can always roll the fenderwell inner lip in with a baseball bat.. be careful so as to not crack the paint..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Undy, I believe it is the 7/32 that you once sold. A bat, really? I swing a mean stick :) Is there any other way?

Grover

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Loose the spacer, I had NO PROBLEMS without the bolt mod and without a spacer!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need the spacers. The 315's would rub on the IRS brace where the IRS bolt is. It is within 1/4" of it with the spacer.

Grover

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I don't know what to tell you. I had the SAME SETUP with absolutely NO PROBS!! No rubs anywhere.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks anyway Sam. Maybe because the car is a vert has something to do with it?

Grover

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Saw pics you posted on SVT, mine definitely sits lower.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Could be, there is a similar post on SVTPerformance right now, with a convert, no bolt mod or spacer, with those exact tires and rims. Dunno what to tell you other than that.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
did you see the white vert?? Thats slammed

·
Registered
105 Posts
Grover03 said:
Hey Undy, I believe it is the 7/32 that you once sold. A bat, really? I swing a mean stick :) Is there any other way?

Grover
I don't know of any other way to give you more outside clearance.

You stick the bat up in the fenderwell between the tire and the fender lip with the handle sticking down. You lift up on the bottom of the bat using the tire as a fulcrum till you put pressure on the inner lip. You slowly rotate the bat around the perimeter of the lip numerous times till you "roll the lip" to the desired amount. Don't get greedy and try to do it all in one shot. Repeated times works best and doesn't crack the paint.. I've seen it done many times before. If you take your time you shouldn't have any problems. If you don't feel comfortable check around, I'm sure someone in your area has done it before..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Grover03 said:

Grover
Have a body shop do it - they have a tool to do it, but I did the baseball bat trick on my Acuras, and it worked fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts