Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get a rough idea about belt size...I did a search, but really havent found anyone running a similar combo..

It will consist of the eaton blower, 3.1" upper, 4" alternator pulley, 10lb lower, with bf 100mm idlers/aux idler...

I would guess somewhere in the 80" range, but was hoping someone might have a similar setup so I can order a couple different belts to try.

Thanks
Jeremy

· Premium Member
2,439 Posts
You're gonna need a long one Jeremy... I can tell you that for sure :imao: I want to say when I ran a 3.00" upper and a 6 lb lower on the Eaton I used an 81" belt... I'd say with the 10 lb lower you'll need something closer to 83" or so. The best way to get you close would be to use the string method... it won't be exact but it will be better than guessing in the dark.

· Registered
168 Posts
I used the string method and went to the local autozone and bought a few 6 rib belts that were close. Once I got the right size I took them all back and ordered a gates 8 rib belt in that size.

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in the process of putting my engine back together so I don't have the blower installed yet or I would use the string method...On the metco instruction is says to use an 81.5" belt for a 10lb lower but doubt that accounts for the huge 4" alternator pulley...So I am thinking somewhere around 83 will be a good start..I will prob order a couple and then just return the ones I dont need...I have a feeling my pulley combo is slightly odd :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.