Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Azure blue Mach 1. Built and Boosted
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if someone could give some input to the variance I seem to have between STFT1 and 2. They are rarely reading exactly as the other. Sometimes I see a variance of .08 to .10. from one bank to the other. Is this an issue at all? I've boost leak checked the turbo system and found and fixed some leaks I had in loose couplers and loose vacuum line connections. I've yet to check for exhaust leaks but don't hear any at the moment. I replaced the o2's with Bosch which I'm now reading may not have been the best choice. I see a bunch of comments on the Motorcraft ones being the best option. Thoughts?

I've also seen in the 2 previous datalogs that my STFT 1 and 2 when cruising on the highway will flatline at .95. As soon as I come down from highway speed and onto an off ramp they return back to what appears to be normal operating condition but still with the variance mentioned earlier. Any ideas on what is happening there? Are my o2's going bad?

I'm currently tuning in closed loop using SCT software. I am new to tuning and have Lasota's book as a reference and guide.

I have one 02 wiring extension on the STFT 2. Is there a chance that the extension is causing a difference in resistance and therefore giving me a different reading compared to STFT 1?

The car is a 03 Mach 1, 4.6 4v, ON3 single 70mm turbo. The motor is built with forged pistons with a 9.5:1 compression ratio. H-beam rods. Heads and intake are stock. The cams are stock exhaust and 96-98 Cobra intakes. The cams were degreed in at 104 exhaust and 107 intake.

I was wanting to attach my Datalog file but I guess that doesn't seem to be possible. It's giving me a notice that my file extension was not allowed. Any ideas on how I can do that?

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Was wondering if someone could give some input to the variance I seem to have between STFT1 and 2. They are rarely reading exactly as the other. Sometimes I see a variance of .08 to .10. from one bank to the other. Is this an issue at all? I've boost leak checked the turbo system and found and fixed some leaks I had in loose couplers and loose vacuum line connections. I've yet to check for exhaust leaks but don't hear any at the moment. I replaced the o2's with Bosch which I'm now reading may not have been the best choice. I see a bunch of comments on the Motorcraft ones being the best option. Thoughts?

I've also seen in the 2 previous datalogs that my STFT 1 and 2 when cruising on the highway will flatline at .95. As soon as I come down from highway speed and onto an off ramp they return back to what appears to be normal operating condition but still with the variance mentioned earlier. Any ideas on what is happening there? Are my o2's going bad?

I'm currently tuning in closed loop using SCT software. I am new to tuning and have Lasota's book as a reference and guide.

I have one 02 wiring extension on the STFT 2. Is there a chance that the extension is causing a difference in resistance and therefore giving me a different reading compared to STFT 1?

The car is a 03 Mach 1, 4.6 4v, ON3 single 70mm turbo. The motor is built with forged pistons with a 9.5:1 compression ratio. H-beam rods. Heads and intake are stock. The cams are stock exhaust and 96-98 Cobra intakes. The cams were degreed in at 104 exhaust and 107 intake.

I was wanting to attach my Datalog file but I guess that doesn't seem to be possible. It's giving me a notice that my file extension was not allowed. Any ideas on how I can do that?

Thanks,
Shawn

Oh and I have a VMP 5000 slot MAF

·
Registered
133 Posts
That much variance wouldn't concern me. Granted I'm no pro so take what I say with a grain of salt. But I've always seen some kind of bank to bank variance. Even my current wideband set up will vary .1-.2 between banks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That much variance wouldn't concern me. Granted I'm no pro so take what I say with a grain of salt. But I've always seen some kind of bank to bank variance. Even my current wideband set up will vary .1-.2 between banks.
ok thanks…good to know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts