Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eventually my engine build will be finished. Is there someone out there that can recommend a place to get my car tuned up right. Soon as i get it back, i want to get it done. Willing to go anywhere here in California. Need someone in state, because still has to pass smog here

·
Registered
718 Posts
KB in Rancho Cucamunga probably. Talk to Mike about it.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Where exactly in california are you located? There are two places I recomend. 1 is my dyno guy Will at RRT in modesto, he tunes with sniper (FTW). If you go to Will he'll take good care of you and your car, Pm me if you want his contact info. He can also help you with the smog thing. 2 Is AED in sacramento. I have never used them but they seem to have a good rep and tune with SCT.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Darkside I'm south of you in Clovis next to Fresno. i hit you with a pm, that is a short drive. I was using the tune that came with my blower. I had some detonation problems in the 4300-5200 rpm range at heavy or WOT. So i stayed out of it until i could get a proper tune. One day jumped on it to avoid an idiot about to test my car insurance and threw a rod. i had it on a dyno about 2 months after i got the KB put in. Shut it down at 5000 rpm, because started to get some detonation. I was at 354hp and 325 torque when we did. Found out it was running rich around that rpm band. I was using octane boost and it help with the problem, and it was working until i THOUGHT I could get it tuned correctly. So, when the rebuild is finished, i want a good custom tune. My power number will show a good healthy safe increase when that is done

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Make sure to go to a tuner that has done a bunch of KBs. They are the trickiest to tune compared to other blowers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts