Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a highly recommended Tuner for my 98 cobra. I have a vortech on it. I live in Des Moines Iowa and I am willing to travel up to 350 miles. I will not use Lund motors in Waukee Ia. They are the reason I have to go somewhere else. They were to tune my car and now it is slower than when I took it to them. Can anyone help. I have a sct programer currently. Thanx!

·
Registered
508 Posts
How far is Chicago from Des Moines?

Logan is up in Elgin, a Chicago suburb. Pretty much a straight shot east on 80 then north a little bit. You'd never even have to go through the city.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is he really good? I will go were I have to to get it tuned but I need some feedback from people any how skilled he is at tuning. Thanx for your help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I may be able to take care of you, I do SCT tuning on the side and learned on my 96 cobra with a vortech. I know this car preatty well. I'm in Madison Wisconsin.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have access to a dyno? What would you need to tune this properly? How much would you charge?

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
I can do it on a Dyno Jet 224x, 248 or a Mustang 1100SE. I do most of my tuning of the mustang because of price a flexiblty. The Dyno Jet 224x is the closest to you and would save you about 2 hours travel but would cost the most for the dyno time.

You said your car is slower now, what were the numbers on what kind of dyno, do you have 2 dyno sheets that show the difference?

Also need some info. on you car.

Stock Motor?
Boost #'s ?
Are the Imrc's still in and working properly?
Ignition upgrades?
Are you still using the Vortech FMU? If so it has to go.
Injector size?
Which Maf?
Which Spark Plugs and what is the gap?
Fuel Pump Upgrades, and is this a return or returnless setup?

Tuning starts at $350 when done on the Mustang dyno, I don't know have a price on using either Dyno Jet because they change thier dyno time prices all the time.

Paul
Paul, you are not allowed to solicit business here without first becoming a supporting vendor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts