Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all new to the boards. I have a couple questions for you.

I knew it wasn't running right to begin with so I wasn't expecting great numbers when I had her dynoed today. She dynoed 223hp and 225tq, I know for a fact my maf isn't calibrated right but would that cause so much power loss?

I don't have a scanner right now, but I'll post sheets up Monday. I am discuraged but this isn't going to stop me. Tomorrow I'm gonna go to Autozone to see what codes I'm throwing.

Oh as for mods this is what I have: *all of this is running of the GT computer/harness w/diablo overlay*

98 Lincoln Mark VIII
97 Ported Cobra intake
IMRC Deletes
Pro-m 80mm Maf *Calibrated for 19lb injectors*
FRPP Shorty Headers
BBK catted h-pipe
Custom Diablo Chip

Thanks,

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
RE:

Stock rating of the motor is around 290hp 290tq I believe. But I'm way off I should be in the 280-290 range rwhp/tq.

There isn't much difference between the Mark/Cobra engines *Crank, exhaust cam & intake*.

My car is a 5 speed, if you figure 15% drivetrain loss then that would equal about 256hp at the crank so I'm way off. I'm hoping the maf is accountable for most of my power loss but 60hp seems alot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE

I was wrong about something I'm running pretty lean. Its starts out really lean on the low end and gets better as the rpms go up. Well I'm sending out the maf monday to pro-m. I have 2 actually 1 80mm univer and a 80mm pro-m. Which one do you think I should use?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts