Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS EXPIERIENCED HESITATION AFTER PUTTING ON A UPR COLD AIR KIT. I HAD TO REMOVE THE SCREEN BEFORE THE MAF SENSOR ALONG WITH THE STOCK AIR CLEANER ASSEMBLY. IT'S A VERY SLIGHT HESITATION AT 2K RPM'S ANYBODY WITH INFO PLEASE CHIME IN......THANX

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
You have the meter in the 12 o'clock positions right. I had the same problem with the original densechargers that had the meter in the 9 o'clock position. The new densecharger is at the 12 o'clock position and that resolved the issue with the densecharger at least.

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe it's the removal of the screen that's my problem...I don't know .....The MAF sensor is at 12'oclock....stock it's at like 10'..i don't get it...

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Most of the aftermarket kits don't accomidate the factory screen. I am not running mine. If you ask Ford or SVT it is just there for a safety net incase something large gets through the filter. You might want to make sure you don't have any air leaks between the mass-air and TB if you haven't already.

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was one of the first things i did check....But i will also check the seal on the intake side to the MAF sensor too....Thanx for the imput though.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've had the UPR on my car for the first 7 months, switched to a straight filter off the MAF and am now back to the UPR. I've never had an issue with the UPR....

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
I remember several years ago, MM&FF dyno tested a car with the screen and without. One a bone stock car, they lossed 3-RWHP without it. They put the screen back in place and the 3-RWHP returned. I was under the impression that it was there to straighten the airflow before the meter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently noticed a hesitation with my Densecharger also. I then read that the rubber gasket it comes with, that seals the pipe to the meter housing, can get squeezed into the air tract. This could have caused turbulence that get's picked up by the meter (?). Anyway, when I went to trim it, I noticed I never tightened the rear clamp so I probably had an air leak. I trimmed the gasket anyway, with a razor reaching inside after removing the assembly. I then put it all back together and the hesitation is gone for about three weeks now. Hopefully it stays that way.
Can't tell for sure what did it though, the loose clamp or the gasket. ??
Good Luck

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figured out the problem....I had the intake tube too far inside the air filter i think it was like 5 to 7" in too far i kept pulling back on the intake elbow and it just kept coming...I think this caused a problem because the elbow being so far inside was only allowing the filter to work at half it's capacity...Car feels way better too much snappier....Thanx for all the help though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts