Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2001 cobra has started to bog when you push down rapidly on the go pedal. this doesn't happen when first started in the morning but soon after this starts. in fifth running at 70mph you can feel it slow down and then go. even when it does go it is not as fast as before.the only change prior to this was the installation of a k&n filter charger.it ran fine for a couple of days then while driving i noticed a power loss. i replaced the k&n system and took it to the dealer as it only has 13000 miles. the first dealer said no codes so there was not anything wrong. the 2nd dealer said there was a problem still no codes but said they replaced the mass air sensor and fuel pump with no change.

latest update: 24 days in shop,150 test miles and still not fixed. svt knows exactly what it's doing but can't determine why. according to the service manager it is pulling timing from 36 plus degrees to -20degrees. they spent 4 days running tests that the engineers on the svt hotline had them run. still no luck. the only way that they could get it to stop pulling the timing was if they disabled the mass air system and then the car would hardly run. then as a poke in the dark they ordered and replaced the pcm.still no go. they told me to pick up my car as it could be 2 weeks before they can fly the engineer down here and they needed their rental back. i am at a lost as what to do. i am so sick of this as i can't enjoy my car and have mods in the basement waiting to go on. in it's current state i am scared to pullup to a light with a gt now. someone help as the best at svt can't fix my snake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts