Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When in low RPM's cruising my car hiccups and hesitates hard, like it's bucking. When I put it in nuetral and rev it I can hear and fell it hesitate. I put it on the diagnostic the other day and it didnt say it was missfiring. Everything in me tells me that its missing but it would of said so on the diagnostic. All my wires to my ignition is connected. The only other things I can think of is to change the plugs and check the wires and coil packs. Both fuel pumps are working fine also. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Check your plugs and wire. Vacuum lines. Fuel Pressure.

I had a problem with my 95 GT. Sounded like it was skipping. It did not do it when I first cranked the engine up, I had to rev it a little, then it would start skipping. I was certain that it was a broken wire or something.

Turns out I had a valve that was not completely closing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dude, you and I are on the same boat.......Everytime I take a left turn and straighten out.....it buck and misses. I can't figure it out. Let me know when you figure it out.

Pat

·
Registered
138 Posts
if you have a T/A back it up a few degrees and reset the battery that can cause bucking if you dont well good luck:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok what all should i check on Friday? heres what I have so far:

Run diagnostic again
Check fuel psi
clean maf
mabey chage o2 sensors.

Anything else I should check to aliviat this problem?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Well, first question I would have asked is what year is your stang? 99+ have the coil on plug, 1 on each cylinder. I had what sounds like the same situation, and thought it was a piston or something. I took it in under warranty, and they found a coil pack bad. I didnt think it could be that cause I had no DTC code on the car, and I pulled the plug on each coil, and the idle never changed. But thats what it was.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stanggt00 said:
Well, first question I would have asked is what year is your stang? 99+ have the coil on plug, 1 on each cylinder. I had what sounds like the same situation, and thought it was a piston or something. I took it in under warranty, and they found a coil pack bad. I didnt think it could be that cause I had no DTC code on the car, and I pulled the plug on each coil, and the idle never changed. But thats what it was.
How do they check the coil packs?

·
Registered
492 Posts
How they checked the coil packs, I am unsure. I asume they may have read out the voltage or something. Cant help ya there. Maybe if you call your local dealership and ask them how you could check yours, they may be helpfull. But more than likely they are gonna say to bring it in so they can get your $.:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts