Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm new to site. Can't wait to find out more helpful info about my car.

So far, I've added Roush cold air kit, Flowmaster 1 chambers, and 4.10 gears. And my car has gotten slower at the track. Does an 4.10 gear swap have undesireable effects on a mostly stcok motor? I'm confused, since I thought my car would get faster with them.

BTW the site looks great!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
No, technically you should see better times. However this all depends. You will most likely spin more off the line with the 4.10's. Are you running on street tires? I recommend getting some Drag Radials or slicks. Once you learn how to launch your car and get your 60' ft times down, you'll be just fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
60' times were identical. Lost mph right before traps.

·
Registered
388 Posts
if your 60's were identical i would think that either your shifting this time is worse than before or the track conditions were worse, was it hotter or more humid? same track?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same track, actually about ten degrees cooler. Also, the car is an auto, so I'm letting it shift itslef. I get .500 to .600 lights normally, 2.09 60' times.

I think I'm losing the time, becuse I'm getting an extra shift in. Instead of crossing the traps at high rpm, its shifting earlier now, sending me through them at lower rpm, in a higher gear.

·
Registered
76 Posts
After I put in 4.10s my ET improved. But then again I was using ET Streets at the time (before and after the 4.10s).

The first time I ldrag raced with 4.10s I was all over the place. I had to relearn how to launch. After about a dozen passes I got used to the 4.10s. When launching on street tires with 4.10s you just have to be very gently with the pedal throughout the 60'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts