Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey bro check this out, my car starts to hesistate in the upper rpms under wot. it's gotten progressively worse which leads me to believe it's the fuel pump and/or fuel filter. could you tell me what my fuel pressures should be at. when i pull the hose at idle it sits at 44psi and 38psi with the hose on at idle. but under load with the hose on it skips dropping 3-4psi lower and kind of spiking. i have no vac leaks, i got a pump on the way. just want your opinion and thoughts. thanks, btw, anyone's help is welcomed, thanks again!

-Lou:damnit

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
could be a pump...

probubly is a pump but other possibilitys are weak coil packs, or plugs that are old , when that happens the gap increases making the perfomance drop off.....hope this helps.....hermann:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually turned out to the fuel pump, the coil packs, and throttle body. the coil packs were new screamin' demon coil packs but for some reason they were having misfire issues. put the stock ones back on they had less resistance in them anyways that killed my misfire in the upper rpm range. the fuel pump was also whining like a i don't know, something that whines loud. that helped, then changed the throttle body back to the stock one from the single blade accufab and gained TORQUE even with the deletes on. all problems solved!!! hopes this helps out everyone else who's been having these same or similar problems. thanks herman, you were pretty dead on might i add! look out chevy's here i come :banggears

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also got rid of the denso plugs that i had left over from my previous blower set up which were one stage colder. thanks again!!!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts