Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is! 5' 9" long, and livin large.

Who needs a Cobra, when you can have a Boa!

joe

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Damn Joe,that thing is beautiful.Do you have an act or something?:p Actually,please dont answer that.I really dont need to know.:D

Tim

·
Registered
289 Posts
Beautiful snake Joe!

Bill

·
Registered
207 Posts
:jawdrop

/me makes note to steer clear of Joe's house.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
/me hopes Eric comes by, but only with the cats in tow. She is hungry!

:D

Thanks Bill, I think she is a beauty!

joe

·
Registered
207 Posts
It ain't the cats I'm worried about, I'd be afraird that monster would decide I looked like a good snack! :eek:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
C'mon E, with a nickname like yours, she would be fascinated by ya! She is a big sap, not aggressive unless you smell like a rat!

joe

·
Registered
204 Posts
Columbian? Looks just like the one we have here at the office about 6 foot long also

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, Colombian BCI.

joe

·
Registered
204 Posts
nice set up...when you have a minute can you take pics of the cage..I need to set up this one with a nice surrounding. I feel bad for ours because he/she is in a small aquarium

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is what it started as, and where it has gone to...

The external sides are sanded, 4 runs, down to 240 grit. Then stained and Polycrylic sealed.
1/2" thick Lexan windows, on tracks, with a center slide lock.

There is 5.25" inches underneath the enclosure, before the storage area, in which the UTH (Flexwatt Tape) are attached. The tape elevated-mounted by 1/8", to allow airflow between wood and element. Internally, there is 24' of white rope light, which is on a 12 hour timer. A radiant heat panel above provides added heat-insurance for ambient temps on warm side, and that will be internally-roof mounted. The inside is tiled with a terra cotta tile and silicone adhesive, with substrate also.

It is made of 5/8" B/C grade plywood. 1" x 1" structural pieces for adding strength to the exterior. It has the following dimensions:

48" tall
30" deep
60" wide

It has a 10" elevated stand, which will allow for storage or heating elements(to keep off the tile floors).

The enclosure has one vent each side. The outside of the enclosure is sanded and stained with a water based polyurethane, for looks of course.

I decided to look into wood decor from the local forest preserve. Found what I wanted, brought it home, and baked it, sanded it, and sealed it in polyurethane. It worked perfect!!! Bought some cheap silk foliage from Old Time Pottery and placed it in the enclosure.

And the most recent photos are up the previous replies, and shows the final look to the inside of the enclosure.

joe

·
Registered
204 Posts
wow!! unfortuantly me and power tools dont get along. I always say "show me a table saw and I'll show you a guy with 7 fingers!!" hehe thank you for the info gonna try my hand at it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts