Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the good points and bad about these S/C like any at all belt slipage and install as far as room ect.... going on 05 stock motor is it worth it :hmm:

·
Registered
375 Posts
i agree they make good power. my only down side i would say is they are a bit noisy, but if you can deal with that go for it. also very easy to upgrade if you want to make more power down the road.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I love mine... She does whine at around 1400-1800 rpm but above 2000 she quites down nicely and or course when under boost non whine at all...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same auto have you been to the track at all from a dead stop is there any at all lag or dose it put you back in the seat (05 cobrajet) did you do the install if so was it hard

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the same auto have you been to the track at all from a dead stop is there any at all lag or dose it put you back in the seat (05 cobrajet) did you do the install if so was it hard
Haven't been to the track yet but will try and make it this spring. I have one of those gtech meters and have played around on the local roadswith a a best of 3.6 seconds 0-60 mph. not sure what that will translate into in the 1/4 but I can tell you she pulls hard off the line (not amazing) BUT she pulls really hard in 2nd, 3rd etc. I dont mind not having as much off the line torque as the Roots and Twin screw guys as I already have enough trouble really hooking the car hard and I'm not planning on any major suspension upgrades.

Did the procharger kit install myself and it really wasnt bad at all. Just take your time and make sure all the plumbing fits tight with no leaks! The front fascia has to be removed to install the intercooler and plumbing but its very quick. The directions were very clear and straight forward. Fan assembly was tight but not bad, head unit and bracketry install easy (make sure the head unit drain plug is sealed well with teflon putty or tape as they are prone to leak slightly over time).
As I had one of the very first procharger kits for the '05 (I installed it in March '05) these are the things I've learned and should be addressed:

1. The kit came with a Diablosport Predator and package tune. This tune is adequate for getting the car on the road and mild break in but I HIGHLY recommend once your ready, take the car to a reputable tuner and have it dyno tuned with the proper AFR.

2. I also learned through the dyno runs that the stock fuel pump setup was NOT capable of reliably maintaining fuel pressure so that will need to be addressed (I went way back then with the Saleen GT500 twin pump kit as that was one of the very few around at the time with no issues since). Not sure if the newer kits address this or not. My car was tuned with the Diablosport CMR software but it seems most guys prefer the SCT. Just get a competant tuner that monitors such things.

3. I also ending up needing a MAFIA (Diablosport) installed to handle a recurring fault code issue we were having related to the MAF sensor. The MAFIA adjusts the voltage readings from the stock MAF sensor to the computer to prevent the fault code from shutting the car down (Fail Safe mode) as that stock MAF is not calibrated to handle the additional air volume from the supercharger and the MAF is relocated to the up pipe that leads into the throttle body after the intercooler.

4. One thing that has also helped was getting a higher stall torque converter for 5R55S trans (I have a TCI 3000) as that helps the centrifugal supercharger spool higher before launch.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow sound great you must love it thanks a lot for the info. I have a tuner alternative performance LIDIO he tuned my car with the sct software on a dyno great guy great job once again thank's for the info

·
Registered
12 Posts
I made 505rwhp and 430TQ with the P1SC stage 2 kit with the stock pulley. I did get a dyno tune because the diablo tune was absolute crap. I will be upgrading to the D1 once I have my motor built. No belt slippage here

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
You shouldn't have any belt slip issues. They run great and pretty seemless if tuned right. My only problem with it was the noisy idle. It's on my boy's '05 now and it's been trouble free.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts