Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...going to pull "chip" this week to send back for "re-burn".
? for you, should I send you just the "chip" or the whole "chip & ECM"? and if just the "chip", do i just un-plug it fron the service port ? sorry, I was not watching when you installed it on my car in the "stagging lanes".
Randy Stinchcomb

p.s. I know your "Swamped":cool: life is good:D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
p.s. I know your "Swamped" life is good

CJ, were art thou??????

jim v.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Randy,
I see no reason if CJ burnt you a chip that you'd have to send in the whole EEC. You should be able to just pull the chip out off the service port and send it back.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
'YO....

..Tim, was up ?
yep, but iam not sure how to remove it or install it, remember Iam a "parts guy" and other than being a good driver I been told I shouldn't play wth tools:eek:

Randy

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup...

...20+ years doing Ford parts, best prices. Universal Ford of Baltimore.

the most complete Modular parts inventory in the country. lol
we supply parts to 100's of 'Stangers across the country.
and some of the top Mustang shops. JMS, Steen Racing, SHM,
ELD to name a few.

oopps, sorry for the sales pitch;)

Randy

·
Registered
556 Posts
Re: 'YO....

R. Stinchcomb said:
..Tim, was up ?
yep, but iam not sure how to remove it or install it, remember Iam a "parts guy" and other than being a good driver I been told I shouldn't play wth tools:eek:

Randy
You're joking, right? Just remove the kick panel on the passenger side, pull the EEC out (removing the long 10mm bolt on the EEC/Wiring harness) removing it from the wiring harness, then pull the chip off (it's probably doct taped to the other side of the EEC more then likely to keep it from moving). BTW, next time I see you I'm giving you a hard time . :shocked

·
Registered
652 Posts
Randy, I started at this Dealership in 1969 driving parts truck. Went on shop counter in 1970. Sold wholesale parts from 1970 to well still do. Became Mgr in 1981. Now my sone is one of my countermen. We are a Large Lincoln Mercury Dealer in Phila. Nice chating with ya. RAY

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not me...

...im not f'ng wth anything Chris did:eek: lol

p.s. my ecm just sits on the floor on the pass/side held down wth velcro(sp)

parts guys cant spell worth a damn, its all those F6ZZ,XR3Z, 1R3Z-AA #'S;)

Randy

·
Registered
556 Posts
Re: not me...

R. Stinchcomb said:
...im not f'ng wth anything Chris did:eek: lol

p.s. my ecm just sits on the floor on the pass/side held down wth velcro(sp)

Randy
Ok then disconnect the chip from the opposite side of where the wiring harness (the harness with about 700,000,000,000 wire in it that are all shades, colors, stripes). Like I said, it's probably duct taped. Just remove the duct tape and pull the chip out/off. That should take you all of about 30 seconds tops.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ray...

...nice to talk to you, think we met and talk at the 'Grove a few years back, I remember seeing the 70DMach 1 in your pic, I had a white 70 Mach 1, loved that car !!

hows bizz in Philly?

Randy

·
Registered
36 Posts
hey

Randy,

Sorry I haven't been around to take your call....or return this post.

Most of last week was spent working down near Miami, FL.

I was given the honor of doing some tuning/work for a upcoming MM&FF article on some of the modmax products......

Just untape the chip and send it back and we will hash the details out from there.....

And as always....thanks for you help....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts