Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i took the car out for a cruise and decided to lay into it from a 30 roll to try and get a race when my rpms reached about 5k or so i got some popping out the exhaust. ive checked the plugs and they still look good. anyone have any ideas what would cause this issue? driving around town normally it does fine even if i nail it in 1st it will pull hard till 5k. its bs i only have a catback cai 2.93 upper and 4# lower. any help would be great!!

· Boost-aholic
2,819 Posts
Sounds like your MAF may be pegging out or your fuel pumps may be maxed out. If you could data log when this happens and post up the datalog file it would help to narrow down what exactly is the cause of this.

Jr.

· Registered
4,524 Posts
Time to get yourself that capability. You are guessing at so many things without data. We could all suggest 50 different possiblities and you could go chasing your tail trying to figure things out- or you could upload a good data log of it happening and probably isloate it to one or two culprits immediately. You can get used SCT XCal2's for cheap- download Livelink on a laptop and you are in business.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so i have a way to datalog it what exactlly do i need to data log and how do i post it on to here i have done one with basic stuff fuel pump duty cycle maf voltage maf counts voltage any help would be great.

· Registered
4,524 Posts
You can upload the file here as either a CSV or Excel file. The file that the logger saves is a CSV, comma separated values. You can open a CSV in Excel and it'll split the data into columns and rows.

As far as what to datalog: Load, speed, RPMs, spark(commanded timing), fuel pump duty cycle, fuel pressure drop across injectors, MAF counts, MAF voltage, battery voltage, IAT1, IAT2, TPS voltage, STFT1, STFT2... basically you want to log all the parameters that'll give you the whole picture of the fuel and air entering the engine. If you are using SCT to log, select the PIDs in CAPS if there are duplicates in the list. They update quicker.

Edit: It'd be best to upload a log where it doesn't give you problems through the pull, and one where it does. Should be easy to spot the issue that way.

· Registered
5,035 Posts
First, check for DTCs.

If none log:

TP_Absolute
IAT2 or downstream ACT
FPDC
Fuel pressure across injectors
RPM
Injector duty cycle
MAF counts
SPARK
Spark source
Battery voltage

You can import that to excel and view it like that. Save as an excel file and attach that to a post here. Or attach it in the native format. I usually just see what I'm looking for, zoom in on that and attach a screen cap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.