Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no I'm not asking how to do it cause any idiot can figure that out, I'm more concerned on what kind of oil to use.

I know I shouldn't change to a synthetic until at least 3k mark, so I will go with a non-syn. But what weight should I use? Should I just use a 5w30?

And I figure I'm going to use the Royal Purple Synthetic 5w30 at 3k, so what brand should I use now? Does royal purple have a non-syn oil?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I talked to SVT a while back ago on this, and they told me not to go to full synthetic until 5K. This they believe is the mark where everything is broken in just right. And, they told me Mobil 1 5w 30 would be ok, but if I can get a synthetic in 5w 20, use that.

Hope that helps....

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
SonicBlueCobra said:
I talked to SVT a while back ago on this, and they told me not to go to full synthetic until 5K. This they believe is the mark where everything is broken in just right. And, they told me Mobil 1 5w 30 would be ok, but if I can get a synthetic in 5w 20, use that.

Hope that helps....
5w 20 is better for emissions but not better for the engine.

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
How about the stock motor oil being a syn/ blend? I switched mine to 5w30 full syn. at about 700miles. No problem yet, I got Red LIne in it now at 3500miles and I might try royal purple.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wouldn't it be just as good for the engine to not go to synthetic at all, but just change our oil more often with the Ford recommended one? Say every 2,500 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts