Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of piecing together a dry nitrous kit for my 96GT. I'm gonna get the bottle used and get all the lines and silenoids new. I'm thinking this will be better than buying one big kit.

Do you guys think its a good idea? Or is it just easier to save up and get a dry kit all together?

·
Registered
482 Posts
You can purchase kits without bottles if you want and you won't have to piece it together....for most you just add -00 on the end for no bottle instead of -10 for the standard 10# bottle.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
snkypete said:
You can purchase kits without bottles if you want and you won't have to piece it together....for most you just add -00 on the end for no bottle instead of -10 for the standard 10# bottle.
how much they run though?

I guess it would cost more to buy everything sperate vs a kit.

·
Registered
126 Posts
you can get a good kit on ebay for around 250-400 bucks, and thats complete.look for zex there usually cheap.

·
Registered
492 Posts
So much "SPRAYING" going on nowadays :rolleyes: What ever happened to fair competition :p Just kidding, I just would never spray mine. Lookin for power the old fashioned way, "Headwork, cams and lots of $". Hmm, maybe I am the stupid one :rolleyes: Nah :p

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kozumasbullitt said:
you can get a good kit on ebay for around 250-400 bucks, and thats complete.look for zex there usually cheap.
coool i might just go that route then.

i'll just keep an eye out, maybe i'll find a good deal.

·
Registered
126 Posts
go for the hidden look,solinoids under the cowl piece and drill holes for the lines,put the nozzle on the underside of the intake and cover all nitrous lines and wires with black looms.you want to look like you have less power then you do so you can claim more victems and win more $$$$$$

·
Registered
692 Posts
Kit is sold. No need to hide anything. Soon as you pass the traps and people don't hear a blower, they know what's up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts