Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel bad me asking a question as my first post on these forums but i was recommended here by many other forums and people who could not answer this.

Anyways my name is Steve and here is what is going on. I have a 2000 Mustang GT with the 4R70W Transmission... The code I threw was P0750 "Solenoid A Error" after calling ford they said nothing unless they had the transmission. So we did some research and replaced the Solenoid which is a pack and holds A and B, we also replaced the interconnect peice which is the big black plastic peice that holds all the solenoids together and connects a bunch of electrical crap up neir the valve body.

So this did not fix it.. The problem is the car isnt shift into 2nd very well. It will either studder and try and shift violenty till it does or it will go up to like 4,000 RPMS and shift VERY hard and then studder after it shifts.

The weird part is that it only does it after the transmission is warm! When i leave in the morning i can drive like a bat at out of hell (which i dont b/c of this problem) but i can drive normal and it shift great. If it matters we have done the jerry mod but it was done correctly and the studder has gotten worse over time. It did it every so often before we did the jerry mod and has progressively gotten worse.

Thanks.

·
Geology and Cars
1,650 Posts
I know the 96-04 GT's came with the 4r70w option, but you might try asking in the Terminator section because alot of the high horsepower cobra's use built 4r70w's. So they may be a little more technical on the subject. If you had a 3650, then you definately would've had an answer by now lol. Good luck wish I knew about auto's to help you.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I would say go throught the entire valve body again for any blockages or parts that look damaged......if not ....replace the valve body........you may want to get the tranny flushed also......I would just replace the valve body....but thats me.......since it did it after the J-mod I would start there........also......if you have a data logger see what rpms the tranny is trying to shift at and that nothing is changed in the tune....did you have it dyno tuned recently......its not trying to lock 2nd imediately after the shift?? Just something else to look at........hopefully this helps...

"ED"

·
Registered
878 Posts
Take a look at this article... http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/transmission/page4.shtml

The first one listed seems similar to what you described. When you did your J-mod do you remember messing with the 1-2 and 2-3 accumulators? This links shows you what they look like. You should have had ones that looked like the last 2. http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/transmission/page12.shtml

Not sure if this is your exact problem but you did mention it has happened since you did the J-mod. Maybe the 1-2 accumulator got messed up somehow.

Hope that helps.

00Roush

·
"Do Work"
1,646 Posts
Stephen,

Shoot a PM to 03Steve, his name is Steve. He is a "Nut" when it comes to the 4r70w transmissions. He basically wrote up an entire writeup on installinga 4r70w in a terminator. I'm sure he might have some info for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
will do, i found a tranny for 450 but i still want to take apart and fix the old one as a learning tool aswell.

Take a look at this article... http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/transmission/page4.shtml

The first one listed seems similar to what you described. When you did your J-mod do you remember messing with the 1-2 and 2-3 accumulators? This links shows you what they look like. You should have had ones that looked like the last 2. http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/transmission/page12.shtml

Not sure if this is your exact problem but you did mention it has happened since you did the J-mod. Maybe the 1-2 accumulator got messed up somehow.

Hope that helps.

00Roush
we checked the accumulator pistons and springs and the bottom caps.. all looked good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts