Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pretty decent one. It has worked great with alot of the numbers people come up with on their cars as per 1/4 mile and dyno numbers.

http://www.dsm.org/tools/calchp.htm

For example...a 3900 pound car turning low 10's, makes around 757 rwh.

You can also put in the mile per hour and weight and it will give you what you car is putting out on a good run too..

Its basic..but it works

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
661 Posts
Super Harry, Seams pretty accurate, as far as my times and mph with hp. cool thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no prob Pete! I figure alot of guys here that havnt been to a dyno could use it. They can put their times in and car weight with driver and know about how much rwh they are making.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Using a heavier vehicle those things stink.

I ran a 12.2 @110 and it says I am making 522 with the ET method and 515 with the trap speed method........but I only dynoed 420.

Cool toy nonetheless.

--Joe

·
Registered
404 Posts
You know that the Dyno can not calculate the power you get from the cold air system while going down the track, so the real HP for racing would be higher......So I think anyways.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Do you power shift ? and how fast do you shift , the track conditions. alll play a part nitro
soap said:
Using a heavier vehicle those things stink.

I ran a 12.2 @110 and it says I am making 522 with the ET method and 515 with the trap speed method........but I only dynoed 420.

Cool toy nonetheless.

--Joe

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
nitrous pete said:
Do you power shift ? and how fast do you shift , the track conditions. alll play a part nitro
It was in my Lightning Pete........no powershifting there :p

The conditions are always flawless at the track I go to :D

--Joe

·
Registered
661 Posts
Well that explains alot, Sorry , In that case the times are fine , that truck weights 4800 ? so 12.2 is great peace nitro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts