Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Hot temps that is... Track was terrible went to try and get a 10.99 !

88 degrees with 80% Humidity and no track prep. I was all over the place in 1st and 2nd tonight. Tried every to hook those ET streets!

All I could manage was a 1.88-60' 11.38 @ 127.8 with a slipping clutch in 3rd and 4th. Time for a new clutch and some Fall weather. Overall not to bad of night I guess !

Jon L

·
Registered
375 Posts
Damn man! That thing must be unbeatable on the street. A 1.88 60' and it is still in the low 11's in all that heat! I really need to do a KB! Best of luck getting your 10sec time slip. -Mat-

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Your car is strong uptop, I would say when the cooler air hits, the track is descent and you dont have a slipping clutch your car will be mph'ing 130+, man I just listed 3 big factors working against ya and your still running 127 and change. Impressive!:)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
damn bro!!! those #'s are just insane!! i dont care if it was 20 degrees out and your clutch was brand new , your flying bro!!!!
:banggears

·
Registered
447 Posts
I raced Dustoff the last pass and my 121mph trap time was no match for the Cobra's 127! Jon's car pulls so hard on top...unbelievable. With a stronger clutch, some traction, and cooler air the car will see mid 10's for sure!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is an awesome site to launch an look out the driver's window to see a lightning pulling you !!! Eric may have ran a slightly slower trap speed but his ET was 11.36... and he was running slicks with much tire spin. My advice if you run across Eric's truck in the Maryland area and want to tangle ! Don't !!!! It is a Kenne Bell Beast from Tip to stern ! BTW its F/S help Eric out so he can get a 10th Anniversery 03 Cobra ! :)

See ya soon Big E !

·
Registered
111 Posts
Dang, you're complaining about 88 degrees and 80% humidity... try it down here in the south. LOL

I would KILL for those times.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Corner-Carver said:
Dang, you're complaining about 88 degrees and 80% humidity... try it down here in the south. LOL

I would KILL for those times.
Well, 88 degrees and 80% is ugly at 9pm in the evening anywhere ! LOL

But yes, I have lived in the south for many years and the Humidity down south sucks the life out of everything...:)

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I have a feeling that you're not just going to run a 10, but run a DEEEEEEP 10 when you do...deep enough to shut up all those pesky Eaton guys.

:D :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts