Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
# 1 qualifier in Mod Motor at Fun Ford Weekend...Kenneth
and Jeannie Biscamp's 03 Cobra just went 9.98 at 138 and change.....backed out of it 4 times....Richard Lelsz from Strictly Perfomance behind the wheel .....pulled the front tires 16 inches...lost traction down track caused back out 4 times....coasted from 1000 foot mark....Richard believes 9.50 in store for tomorrow...with slicks............95 degrees in Houston today...See yall tomorrow..Look for Jeannie's new ragtop 03 GT!!!!
Richard..you da MAN!!!! Strictly Performance RULEZ!

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
I'd love to see a pic of the 03 pulling the front wheels off the ground :) Way to go Richard.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Not to take anything away from this run at all, simply awesome, but isn't much easier to launch with solid rear than the Stock IRS. Wasn't Pete using the Stock IRS when he went 9's? I'm curious more than anything becuase I have a bud with a 02 GT just dying to swap rears, and also what would be a good swap deal, 1 for 1 or his rear and some cash for my IRS?

·
Registered
117 Posts
03snake said:
Wasn't Pete using the Stock IRS when he went 9's? I'm curious more than anything becuase I have a bud with a 02 GT just dying to swap rears, and also what would be a good swap deal, 1 for 1 or his rear and some cash for my IRS?
He was/is. I had a chance to do a swap a while back but after much thought i declinded. Street racing, the half shafts hold up flawlessly..the track of course is another matter. If u r looking to run hard at the track and turn your car into a drag racer then go for it..if not, then consider keeping the IRS.

Good job on getting 9's..that straight axle makes life easier.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I am looking forward to see if Pete can step up at WFC, for once someone else is raising the bar, but its kinda an apples and oranges comparison with Pete still running the IRS!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats on the times

Trey, i think with pee running the irs and a aod its alittle easier n the rear if he(Biscamp's 03 ) is running a stick and those # imo i solid rear is going to be mandatory, b/c your not going to get those 's # walking it out like i believe pete does to save the rear alittle bit.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wow! It does seem folks here are pete's cheer leaders. I've got my flame suit on, can't we just be happy that someone went 9.50? We're all looking for the same thing here, to go fast and have fun. I get this same attitude from the old school chevy guys at the local track...."well if I bought a car for 40 grand, it better go 12 flat....." Don't get me wrong, Pete has done an amazing job being able to turn 9's with his IRS, i couldn't cut the mustard with mine, so i dumped it. but fact is, if he shows up at WFC with his IRS, then the Biscamps car is going to take it....run what ya brung, 'member? Please folks, don't take my post the wrong way, i don't want this to be a mudslinger, flame fest, my nuts are bigger than yours type post. Charles

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
WOW...I can't wait to get my Solid Rear in...see you later IRS chumps...Just kidding :D

Good Job...is that car coming to WFC?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Charlez03 said:
Wow! It does seem folks here are pete's cheer leaders. I've got my flame suit on, can't we just be happy that someone went 9.50? We're all looking for the same thing here, to go fast and have fun. I get this same attitude from the old school chevy guys at the local track...."well if I bought a car for 40 grand, it better go 12 flat....." Don't get me wrong, Pete has done an amazing job being able to turn 9's with his IRS, i couldn't cut the mustard with mine, so i dumped it. but fact is, if he shows up at WFC with his IRS, then the Biscamps car is going to take it....run what ya brung, 'member? Please folks, don't take my post the wrong way, i don't want this to be a mudslinger, flame fest, my nuts are bigger than yours type post. Charles
No shit.......There are a bunch of Pete's Cheerleaders here..:rolleyes:

Any of you guys remember the good ol' statement....

RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG

·
Registered
41 Posts
IRS, solid axle, manual or auto tranny...WHO CARES? Less than one year after introduction, stock internal 2003 Cobras in the NINES is worth cheering!!!

Great Job, Richard!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Charlez03 said:
I don't think it's cheerleading as much as pointing out a solid rear is unquestionably better for drag racing.

I think Pete and Richard have been collaborating so I'm sure Pete is rooting for him to do well.

I'm glad he went as fast as he went, glad there is another '03 in the 9's.

JT

·
Registered
661 Posts
Richard , Kennith . Super glad to here it , Goo job !!
To All who dont know I help Richard with some things on the car , He does deserve the credit though.

And guess what. Trans ,rear. whatever , Coment. Well a straight axle will run much better ! Fact , 60 ft.... :)
I just chose to do it with the frctory irs.
Just be at the wff6 ,
Nice job guys!!!
See you in MO.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Richard you did a great job.....I knew you would. How about that heat.....whats up with that.....HAhaha I wish all the other folks could come down and get some of these conditions, and try roasting at 90 plus and high humidity.:D Keep raising the bar:cool:

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
chillfactor said:
Richard you did a great job.....I knew you would. How about that heat.....whats up with that.....HAhaha I wish all the other folks could come down and get some of these conditions, and try roasting at 90 plus and high humidity.:D Keep raising the bar:cool:
Whine all you want, that's the price you pay for no winter. :p I don't expect 90's here for at least another month.

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
I can't wait until WFC...things are really heating up.

Pete - by the way Gateway International Raceway is actually in Illinois...so see you in IL :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts