Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Thanks for putting that up Eric.

That was my first Video taken(tonight) with my new Digital Camera. Worked pretty easy to modify it and all in the Ulead Video Studio7.

Figured I would do an exhaust video as my first try.

The exhaust is a full Bassani X Haust with no cats. I was amazed how the car sounded out the back.....I like! Its real loud in person when you get on the car down the road..thats for sure!
Also..thats just reving her up to about 4500 rpms on the video.
Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

G

·
LOL...glad to help!! I am good at getting people to spend money :D

I also have the link setup on my 2003 Cobra are on my webpage if you are somewhere else and need to hear the awesome sounds of the 2003 Cobra.

There is a link to the video on that page.

www.HotRodHarrys.com is my main page
and here is the link for the My 2003 Cobra page.
http://members.aol.com/hotrodharrys/index2003.html

Hot Rod(We sure do have some awesome cars)Harry

PS. Maybe Bassani can put that clip up on their site :rolleyes:
Would be cool......

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I love the way bassani sounds, would be nice if it was 3'' though. I still have my cats on, but after hearing that I think I will take them off, that sounded great.

G

·
Thanks Guys...also...my exhaust has mid length headers too. It really smoothes out the flow....without the headers I would get alot of rapping after I let off the gas after hitting it like on that video clip. Worth getting headers just for that reason alone I am convinced now.

Hot Rod(smokey burnout video next)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

G

·
Xplicit said:
Hot Rod(i shot the exhaust clip at night because i'm hiding a scratch on my fender :p)Harry, nice clip..i can't wait till i hear it in person.

Nice snakin, thanks :)
LOL...Thats the only time my car was almost out of the garage ;)

Just jokin....Toms River,NJ is in trouble with all these 03 Cobra's lurking.
Hot Rod(there aint no stinkin scratches on my car)Harry

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow that does sound nice. I'd like to hear a WOT take off!

Not to hi-jack the thread but I have a clip of my exhaust I just got put up. It's here if anyone wants to hear it. (The video is not that great but you can hear my exhaust clear as day)

http://www.jrfuller.com/TonyRace.mpg

G

·
Man...very cool video's from you guys! God I love these cars!

The midlengths made something like 18 rwh,if I remember right....not sure on the torque. Pete has all his and my dyno sheets from testing. My car is his car when it comes to testing and setting up. Bassani is a great choice when you dont want to have to worry about scraping the ground. Atleast on lowered cars. Install is no quicker than with Kooks. They are both slip fit.
I just wanted to keep it all Bassani...since I started with them.

Hot Rod(this is not a paid commercial for Bassani)Harry :D
www.Bassani.com

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
18hp is not too bad, if you don't mind me asking. How much hp did your car dyno at and do you have a pulley on it? I can't decide if I should get the headers since I already have the xpipe or just go with LT's.

G

·
That was with a 2.80 upper and 6 lb lower....and all the other mods....514 hp 550 torque If I remember correctly....in there somewhere. Things change pretty fast with these cars and the mods going on and off.

Harry
www.Nitrous.com

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
Man...very cool video's from you guys! God I love these cars!

The midlengths made something like 18 rwh,if I remember right....not sure on the torque. Pete has all his and my dyno sheets from testing. My car is his car when it comes to testing and setting up. Bassani is a great choice when you dont want to have to worry about scraping the ground. Atleast on lowered cars. Install is no quicker than with Kooks. They are both slip fit.
I just wanted to keep it all Bassani...since I started with them.

Hot Rod(this is not a paid commercial for Bassani)Harry :D
www.Bassani.com
Harry can you give us some reflections on the header install?

I know it's basically slip in but did you have to jack the engine up. Was there any additional piping included with the headers to bolt it up to the catted x-pipe for the 03 or did it just mate up with the catted x-pipe.
I understand it comes with the header bolts to the head and gaskets
Real nice sound from your video :shocked

G

·
Nitrous Pete did the install for me.... He is Dr. Frankenstein thats for sure.

I am pretty sure you dont have to jack the engine.
He did take the X frame out to make the job abit easier and he unbolted the steering arm.

The offroad Xpipe bolts up to the "optional" piping from Bassani that goes from the headers to the X pipe. If you have welded in cats with the X pipe...you will have to cut those out and fit the "optional" piping in.

I do most of the wrenching on my car, but headers on these cars...just not worth it to spend 8 hours on my back on my cold garage floor to do that install. Much better with a lift.

Give Bassani a call and ask them all your questions.
www.Bassani.com

Hot Rod Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

G

·
Who did your install? LOL!!! :rolleyes:

Sweeeeet!!! Duuuuude!!!

Hey...put that picture back up !!! It was a good one to compare for people...

·
Banned
572 Posts
hey Harry !
sounds like mine!
thought you would have put your own dyno in by now
bring that beast to atco sunday .

(HotRod "USES WINDEX TO CLEAN THE BOTTOM OF CORA"Harry)
'

sean

G

·
I am glad I took the video. I have gotten 3 emails now with people that bought the complete system and 2 emails from people that had the same system, but not the headers yet..well, they ordered the headers because of my car now too. Man...I hope Bassani appreciates this ;)

Hot Rod(not just a bad ass exhaust :rolleyes: )Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
85 Posts
TopRacer said:
I love the bassani now :D ... Hot Rod (ive got a bad ass exhaust system) Harry...

Z20_WHAT
What exhaust do you have?
MAC off-road H-pipe and 2.5" cat-back.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts