Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a t-trim install with a power cooler on a 99gt with a cobra engine. and it is very hot under hood after driving.

if i park it for a few and try to start it up while still hot i can hear the starter having problems. so i am cooking the starter. what can i do besides thermal wrap the starter.

was thinking a
alum radiator
oil cooler between pan and blower
and possibly a new bigger heat exchanger
to replace the tiny one vortech sold me

what do you guys think. i can't believe it has taken me this long to start to need more cooling. all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The radiator would be #1 on my list.

I just replaced mine with a Steeda aluminum radiator, and it's literally 3 times thicker than the stock 99 Cobra radiator. These were actually on special when I bought mine for around $350 I believe, so you might want to check.

My underhood temps before the radiator were insane. You could cook eggs on my Vortech discharge tubes.

You could also make sure there are no bubbles in the cooling system, change your fluids, and throw in some Redline water wetter or the Royal Purple equivalent.

Take care,
Brad

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right now we are taking a look at fluidyne radiators. the only problem is that we aren't sure it will fit with a t-trim. the power pipe seems to be takeing up all available room in the current setup. might also pick up a lightening heat exchanger to replace the silly vortech piece. might do all of the above. i will try to keep people posted and see what happens.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I too am planning on upgrading to a T-Trim, and I have a power pipe already. This is the reason I went with the Steeda, because quite a few also have clearance issues with the Fluidyne.

Brad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts