Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into getting the complete Hotchkis kit for my 99'. Any pics of this or reviews? Also, will properly lowering my truck keep my times the same or slow me down no matter what.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have the full kit and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a complete handling package. I would recommend going with a set of QA1 shocks if you get the Hotchkis kit to complete the set up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I din't like it, I took it of my truck. I guess if you live somewere were there's only nice roads it would be ok. It makes your truck turn great, but it was too stiff of a ride for me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the Hotchkis springs on my 03 L.
It is a bit harsh, but the handling is well worth it.
I just need to get some better shocks to compliment the springs, I want the QA1's but they are outta my price range for the next few months.

·
Registered
375 Posts
KB ZILLA said:
I have the Hotchkis springs on my 03 L.
It is a bit harsh, but the handling is well worth it.
I just need to get some better shocks to compliment the springs, I want the QA1's but they are outta my price range for the next few months.
Summit sells QA1's pretty cheap just to let you know. -Mat-

·
Registered
120 Posts
SVT F15O said:
Summit sells QA1's pretty cheap just to let you know. -Mat-
Not cheap enough :hammer

I would rather give about half of what they want......I guess I am a cheap bastard when it comes to shocks :evil

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think most of the quick trucks have soft springs in the front and rear. The shocks are set to be hard in front and soft in the rear. They don't use sway bars either. So, I think if you do this your times would suffer a little.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts