Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK WHO'S GOING ????

date to follow.........................................

my03( Hammer's promotion manager) svtcobra
sean

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Judging by the name of the event, it seems that I will have to be there.

I'll have juice.

But not nitrous. I'll be squirting a 150-shot of Kool-Aid. It's good for another 3 MPH.

G

·
Wont happen tomorrow guys. Too much going on here. Try and go Hammer...good time to get those times way down. The weather is awesome!! Your car will go easy 10's with just a couple runs under your belt. I am sure of it! Just let some of the big guns go first with the slicks. It helps in the traction area bigtime with these Nitto's.

Have fun gang...

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra (20 lbs of boost and nitrous)

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Franco and I went in Franco's car (my car's not done cooking yet).

I ran it for him first and went [email protected] (.1 reaction time :D )

Then he ran an [email protected] Nice job for the first time at the track, Franco!!

Then I ran it again and hit the nitrous at about half track. The car went sideways and I had to get out of it! That was the only pass where the nitrous was used.

G

·
Not bad at all Franco!..The Terminator is making itself well known!.. Your car is one to be reckon'd with.

But from what I have been seeing, I have to be honest ...these slightly modded KB's are not impressing me that much.(Yes Pete and Richard from Texas are in a world of their own) I am guessing its hard to get all that power to the ground. You guys need a solid axle back there too. Unless (which is probably the case)Franco doesnt have the animal pulley on there and is sand bagging .....which is a good thing. I dont know...I am not that far off from those times without nitrous. Track Conditions might have played into those time too...I know how that is guys.

I do know one thing....those KB's on the street will run alot better than our Eatons...they just dont seem to heat up near as much and run the same over and over again. I will have to pull over and ice the blower and let things cool down :D

Franco...how were the tech guys at Atco? Any hassles after the low to mid 11's.

Hot Rod(more than happy with my Eaton)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

PS. so where were you! Sean? Or maybe you didnt have your shit together yet. ;)

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
I have to be honest ...these slightly modded KB's are not impressing me that much
Hot Rod(more than happy with my Eaton)Harry
LMAO! You jealous little ninny!!

;)

17 PSI, full weight including trunk luggage, 93 octane pump gas, no ice, no nothing...just KB and skills.

Not even a peep from the techs. Just thumbs-up and praise in the staging lanes.

:D :D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Plain and Simple..Eaton car will run Modified ,120 or low 120's
KenneBell Blown with run 130 to mid 130's

Eaton modified to near or at 500rwhp
KB's modified reach the 600rwhp mark easily..

Are you kidding Harry....NOT IMPRESSED?????

·
Registered
244 Posts
Man that is awesome franco, both you and Hammer put up some great times in your car. 11.5 is awesome for your first time at the track man, congrats. Those times will only get better :) I wish i could have been there but I had family issues to take care of.

matt

G

·
Jim Vaccaro said:
Plain and Simple..Eaton car will run Modified ,120 or low 120's
KenneBell Blown with run 130 to mid 130's

Eaton modified to near or at 500rwhp
KB's modified reach the 600rwhp mark easily..

Are you kidding Harry....NOT IMPRESSED?????
I said in my reply that they make the power...I dont deny that buddy...but so far other than 2 KB nitrous equipped cars running on the track...the times I am seeing still dont impress me. But like I also said in my reply....track conditions and traction period must be hard to deal with, with the KB and all that power. A solid rear axle would show the difference, I am sure with most of the stick KB's out there. The power is there on the Dyno..its just the track numbers are showing me nothing. And yes..also as I said before in my post...the KB will be much more consistant than the Eaton....they can run close to the same times over and over while I am sitting on the side with a bag of ice waiting for things to cool.

If everyone must know ...... 11.25 at 125.85 no juice. Not bad for a little old Eaton. Of course Nitrous Pete had a hand in that..his tune files for the Eaton are pretty awesome too. But I have to run 112 Octane all the time...the KB's dont either. I am just saying that it is possible for an Eaton to run at the track with the KB's. On the street running light to light and over again..the KB will win 99 % of the time because of effiency.

Hope that explains things alittle. I know I am being bold to go against the grain of the KB right now. They make the power..but can they get it to stick on the track?

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra(20 lbs of boost and nitrous)
11.25 at 125.85 mph..no nitrous...so w/juice 10's are for sure.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Cool Bro!!
11.25 at 125.85 mph..no nitrous

Awesome..You are a Small shot away from a 10'S
If you run a KB with Juice.You will just have to use a Bigger Shot then him:D

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
If everyone must know ...... 11.25 at 125.85 no juice. Not bad for a little old Eaton. 2003 Cobra(20 lbs of boost and nitrous)
11.25 at 125.85 mph..no nitrous...so w/juice 10's are for sure.
I knew. Harry told me in confidence and I didn't leak it out, Harry.

:D

But now that it's out in the open, let me congradulate you!

Not bad for a little old Eaton? No juice?
Uhhh....
how about
TOP 5 FASTEST EATON CARS ON THE PLANET!!

Now that you've let the cat out of the bag, please tell us how you did it!

First time at the track, mid 12's at 114.

Second time at the track...low 11's at 126.

Dude, HOW IN GODS NAME DID YOU IMPROVE SO MUCH??

At that rate, you'll be running 8's by your fourth visit to the track.

Again, congradulations on an earth-shattering run with an Eaton car. I am very impressed. Please hook us up with some info.

Hammer

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
BTW, Harry:

Your mid 12's and 12.1 at RWP.... disappointing runs....well, don't sweat it, dude.

IT HAPPENS TO US ALL! It happens to the best of racers.

I have been humbled in my car more times than I care to admit...but we're all friends here and any real racers understand that it's never easy getting dialed in and race ready.

Anyone who judges for some bad runs or a car that needs tweaking and is running slow....well...they're just PUNKS.

No joke.

And I am strictly a NOVICE at the track. Very hot and cold and learning every pass. Trying to be consistent but I've noticed that the longer you are away from the track, the harder it is to get back in the saddle.

Hope the DAMN WEATHER gets better!!! I NEED SEAT TIME!!!

G

·
Thanks guys...and you know..I do like the Kennebell's alot too..otherwise , why would I have Pete putting that awesome setup on my mom's 03 vert cobra.

These cars are all about track conditions..driver and alot is on the tuner of the chip for what mods and how you drive your 03 Cobra. My car is tuned for all out performance and nowhere near for everyday driving.

I am sure as soon as things get straightened out around in my life...I will be getting a KenneBell too!!

Thanks again Hammer for keeping things to yourself. A true Friend...a ballbusting one....but a true friend

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
Thanks guys...and you know..I do like the Kennebell's alot too..otherwise , why would I have Pete putting that awesome setup on my mom's 03 vert cobra.

These cars are all about track conditions..driver and alot is on the tuner of the chip for what mods and how you drive your 03 Cobra. My car is tuned for all out performance and nowhere near for everyday driving.

I am sure as soon as things get straightened out around in my life...I will be getting a KenneBell too!!

Thanks again Hammer for keeping things to yourself. A true Friend...a ballbusting one....but a true friend

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
That's right, dude. After all the ball-busting, I am your friend...no bullshit. Got stuff going on at home? We're all here for you. If you need to get out and have a few beers with the fellas, you just call me. Your money's no good in the bar.

You got my number.

;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts