Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Ive purchased these Houston Performance 292 blower regrind cams and comp cams beehive springs for my 2002 Mustang Gt. I plan on installing these whenever i have my next day off. My car is currently N/A with basic bolt ons (Gears,intake,and diablo sport) and will be s/c at a later date. My question is when i install these cam do i need to modify my tune? and also with the springs installed how high of a rpm can i safely and efficiently get up to? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anybody help me? Doesn't have to have experience with the Houston performance cams but a similar cam. Intake and exhaust lift is .531 LSA is 114. I'll probably just call up there tomorrow and will post up answers.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I retuned when I did my cams. I thought that was a given, and didn't even question it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Mines are regrinds as well. I picked up about 40 rwhp with them (at 15 psi)

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have hp 292 cams and had them for a while.
I ran them untuned in the begging. Ran fine, but not perfect. Would die at stops sometimes. WOT was not bad.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Definitely get a dyno tune.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.