Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting some Nitto DR's but would like to know how they perform in the rain. For whoever has rain experience with these tires please share your thoughts and comments.

Razor.:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
My Nitto's do great in the rain. I've had em for a few weeks now so they're still pretty new. It late last week here in Tampa and I had no problems with my Nitto's. I'd be careful driving through through standing water at high speeds though.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I had Nitto 555R's on my car for a little while.. They handled great it rain as long as you are cautious and don't try to drive them like it is dry..

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vortechcobra97 said:
I have the 315 35 17's, about half the tread left, as long as your careful they are fine, watch out for the roads that are grooved deeply, can get scary!
I would imagine they grip the road in the grooves, and that causes them to make the car sway allot. My Toyota truck had a set of 33x12.5 Micky Thompsons on it so I know that feeling well. Anyway thanks for taking the time to give me your opinion on them. They are going to be here this friday!!:D

Razor.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah they are good tires.. will defintely grip the road. They are wide so look out for standing water on the road.. you know these VA highways SUCK! I usually drove about 50-55 MPH in heavy rain. Maybe even slower than that.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vortechcobra97 said:
Yeah they are good tires.. will defintely grip the road. They are wide so look out for standing water on the road.. you know these VA highways SUCK! I usually drove about 50-55 MPH in heavy rain. Maybe even slower than that.
I actually have old ladies pass by me on the road when it's dry out, so no worries for excessive speed in the rain. These highways do suck, especially 64. I'm excited to see how these meats look on my ride. Can't wait until Friday!!!

Razor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts