Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of swapping a 4v into a 2v with automatic. Is it much easier now that they make automatic mach 1 cars. Also, where can i get a cheap 2001 4v crate motor.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yeah, I would like to know the same thing. I really would like to finda cheap 4V. I am tired of those Red Cobras busting my ass.:D

Brandon

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
bstang46 said:
Yeah, I would like to know the same thing. I really would like to finda cheap 4V. I am tired of those Red Cobras busting my ass.:D

Brandon
And who are you referring to? :D

As for the swap.. There was a guy that showed up at our Dyno Day this past weekend with a sweet 99 GT.

I never saw under the hood until after he dynoed it, but the guy running the dyno said "We will run this GT to around 7200RPM" I tripped out.

Then after the pull, it made 286 RWHP, I was like "NO WAY"

Then he pulls the car off the dyno, and I saw the 01 Cobra engine in there.

The car looks bone stock on the outside. Stock wheels, not lowered, no aftermarket gauges inside... nothing

The install was done perfectly, the Cobra engine looked factory installed.

I have some video of it that I can put online.

The guy bought the engine from Bishop for like $3100. Sold his engine for a couple thousand as well, so it only costed him around $1000 to do the swap.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Eric, thanks for letting me in on your dyno day. I enjoyed hanging out and checking out the cars. Chad, you have a monster. lol

Anyway, the mastermind of my car is Don Walker. He has his own webpage that outlines the whole process for those that
are able to do the swap on there own.

http://www.cobrapoweredgt.com/

Chris

·
Registered
36 Posts
b1nyc said:
I'm thinking of swapping a 4v into a 2v with automatic. Is it much easier now that they make automatic mach 1 cars. Also, where can i get a cheap 2001 4v crate motor.
Brian my Buddy Sal did the same swap,he has an auto...Along with the Sean Hyland Stroker Ported and polished heads and SHM Cams:jawdrop :jawdrop :jawdrop

It can be done with ease...

My buddy has done a few of these swaps so if you want you can call him...

Let me know
Alex

·
Registered
630 Posts
Nice clean swap to the 4.6L DOHC! What I'm waiting to see is for someone to drop in a 5.4L DOHC with an ATI Procharger, or Kenne Bell twin screw. I'm working on one at this time and I'm really close far as the whole engine. The intake, headers, and wiring harness is going to be the tricky part for me. - I'll keep you all posted. - John

·
Registered
482 Posts
Eric over at LMMC-CT just finished an install - I'm sure he could give you some pointers and he's close too....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, as always for your help guys but I've decided to make power with the 2v motor. 500rwhp is definitely a realistic goal with a good intake some P&P heads and intake , headers and a fair amount of boost.

PS- with a forged shortblock of course.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts