Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, i remember that video from way back. But i know there have been guys that fast with 78mm. So figured someone should be haulin ass by now.

· Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the T-6 will flat scream when you turn it up. Ive seen a couple basic combo 351's running low 9's on lower bost levels. Just wondering when the mod motor would get choked from the T-4 housing.

· Registered
1,343 Posts
I have a customer who runs 8's every pass on a T4 (GT4788)

Over the weekend, he was running 8.80'[email protected] on 24-PSI.

Before the car burned, it went [email protected] on around 40-PSI.

For some reason, the car just feels intensely quicker and faster now on lower boost....maybe it's just a fluke....dunno.... I assume on the same 40-PSI it will go MUCH quicker than it did previously.

Now that it is back together, we are going to see what it takes to get it into the 8.30 range @ closer to 170ish.

This is a 2V, 5.4 engine in a 1999 Mustang GT.

· Registered
1,482 Posts
I have a 5.4L with a GT4788 T6 and i have not really leaned on it yet. car has seen little track use but lots of street abuse. My car out ran my buddies turbo fox that went 9.80 @ 146 ( i was on 18 psi ) car made 730 to the tire. I have allot of work to do i have gone a best of 10.8 @ 138 with a 1.96 60.. could not get the tranz brake to work for shit and off the foot brake it cant stay spooled and would take till the 300 foot mark or so to really come alive. I can only imagine the T4 would spool much harder my buddies turbo fox has a 91mm t4 and its spools hard and fast compared to my 88 but we he is running into restrictions now not sure if its the turbo housing or the intercooler at this point but as boost went up power stopped climbing at the rate it should when he started adding more.

· Registered
2,075 Posts
I have a customer who runs 8's every pass on a T4 (GT4788)

Over the weekend, he was running 8.80'[email protected] on 24-PSI.

Before the car burned, it went [email protected] on around 40-PSI.

For some reason, the car just feels intensely quicker and faster now on lower boost....maybe it's just a fluke....dunno.... I assume on the same 40-PSI it will go MUCH quicker than it did previously.

Now that it is back together, we are going to see what it takes to get it into the 8.30 range @ closer to 170ish.

This is a 2V, 5.4 engine in a 1999 Mustang GT.
is that shizzgt?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.