Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
reason I ask,....headers ....or dose anybody else know a better way........man i had a few more questions but i dont remember.

any body know a good easy spot to get at accesory power off of the ignition switch, so i can wire up gauges and what not.

oh ya i got a guy at the local speed shop, and a vette snobb telling me i'll be lucky to see 350 hp at the wheels because ;(the speed shop guy ) says the heads wont let me make any more than that.

i'm readying a PAXTON novi 1000(fairly old, i know) air/air cooled blow throu set up with proabably a 2.9 pulley.

whats your thoughts.

with 3.73's i hope to be some what feared, or at least respected by the local GM crowed and imports.

Dev:tip:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Not sure about the K because I've yet to do one

As for power for guages I suggest add a circuits. Cant remember witch ones will work for you but you should be able to do a search and figure it out. They make finding power easy for things like guages.

What a idiot. There have been plenty of 2v guys that have put down over 500rwhp with stock heads. I love un-informed idoits.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
As for power for guages I suggest add a circuits. Cant remember witch ones will work for you but you should be able to do a search and figure it out. They make finding power easy for things like guages.
The add a circuits things make life easy, but i have been too lazy (and cheap) to buy any. I take an ordinary spade style connector and cut one side off. I then check to see what is the fused side of the circuit, and cram the spade connector in there along with the fuse. I've done it on a number of cars over many years and i've never had a problem.

Dropping the k is a lot of work for sure. I needed to fix a header leak so i put on the mm k member. Its not really much more effort to deal with the headers with the mm k on because you have access to the back bolts.

·
Registered
512 Posts
block of wood and a jack under the oil pan. 8 bolts later you can lower the motor and k-member all at once to get to the bolts much easier. just keep an eye on the wires and lines coming of the engine in case they gt tight. should be able to lower a good foot though without removing any lines / wires. you'll save time doing the k-member drop, because you won't be fighting the limited space to undo and re-tighten the bolts.

·
Registered
139 Posts
ok how do you support the motor with out the k member,.... cherry picker?....any other ways.
is a cherry even a good idea

Hey Sacsilver2V is your srt4 pretty quick? what is it compaired to the stang.
Cherry picker would be easiest, and the srt is pretty quick but my stang has way more done to it and is a lot faster

·
Registered
77 Posts
Taking out the K member isn't hard, just a little time consuming. But if you don't take it out, you will hate your life. For me, I just used a 2 x 8 board, cut a v in the end of it with a saw and wedged it under the balancer. Worked Great. Good luck!

Chris

·
Registered
492 Posts
also were them dudes talkin n/a or blown.

·
Registered
492 Posts
the snobby vette guy and the shop guy that he was talkin about sayin his car wouldn't make over 350 rwhp.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Not sure about the K because I've yet to do one
What a idiot. There have been plenty of 2v guys that have put down over 500rwhp with stock heads. I love un-informed idoits.
Like me Whahahahah!!!! Stock heads, cams, auto with a converter. Do any of those Chebby guys want to make a road trip to show up this little 2V. LOL!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
n/a or forced

i told him i was putting on a paxton with a air/air blow throu set up.

hey how important do you think the headers are to this combo, really. over stock manafolds, what are all the gains.

sound louder / more flow / 250 bucks less to haul around in my pocket. other than that.
(how loud) (How much more flow) Are they worth it to you if it was your money.
i want 400hp at the wheels can i do it with out headers or breaking any thing

[setup:] paxton novi 1000, 3.3 pulley,(pulley?)* air/air cooled, blow throu maf, 03 cobra injectors, 75mm tb, 73mm plenum, stock heads & block, stock exhaust manafold into pypes o/r x pipe and slp catback

*pulley? = i am willing to change if needed; do i need to?

i want 400hp/tq . :dumb:ths cars got 75K miles now and i want ti to last to 100K befor she blows. is 400 to much?

·
Banned
563 Posts
n/a or forced

i told him i was putting on a paxton with a air/air blow throu set up.

hey how important do you think the headers are to this combo, really. over stock manafolds, what are all the gains.

sound louder / more flow / 250 bucks less to haul around in my pocket. other than that.
(how loud) (How much more flow) Are they worth it to you if it was your money.
i want 400hp at the wheels can i do it with out headers or breaking any thing

[setup:] paxton novi 1000, 3.3 pulley,(pulley?)* air/air cooled, blow throu maf, 03 cobra injectors, 75mm tb, 73mm plenum, stock heads & block, stock exhaust manafold into pypes o/r x pipe and slp catback

*pulley? = i am willing to change if needed; do i need to?

i want 400hp/tq . :dumb:ths cars got 75K miles now and i want ti to last to 100K befor she blows. is 400 to much?
The stock manifolds weigh about 8lbs each (yes i weighed them) and a set of FRRP shorties are 4.1 lbs and 4.7 lbs for the pass side. and the openings are a tad bigger on the FRRP which can be cleaned up with a tad port work as some of their welds impede flow a tad. On a stock set up the gains would be minimal at best but with a power adder you might make 12 hp over stock plus the loss of weight. and headers will always change the exhaust tone versus cast manifolds.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.