Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I move my IAC from right off the intake or does it have to be that close. Basically I want to just run braided line from the intake hole for the IAC to the inner fender, have the IAC there, then run hose from it back to the intake tube. Or visversa however you want to look at it....

·
Registered
29 Posts
The only issue I can forsee you running into is after a hard accel, or heavy load situation. The air between the IAC and the intake would be evacuated. And they for it would take longer for the effects of the opening IAC to reach the engine....So if you accelerated hard, and let off. The slow'd effects of the IAC may allow engine rpm to dip down low enough for it to stall.

This is just a speculation though. Its quite possible, that everything could happen fast enough, that the response of the IAC would be minimal at best. If you do try it, make sure you maintain an equal diameter hose to that of the intake port. As well as no kinks or other restrictions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats my only worry also is the time right after hard accel if it can fill the tubes fast enough. I'm going to try it with the fittings but have only heater hose clamped on there to try different lengths and then if it works with the longer length then I'll switch to the braided hose. A shorter route if it will fit would also be if I could make it work under the SVO intake...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts