Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Supposedly they are improved over past stock cast iron manifolds. Anyone know what that means? How much improved?

If a lot of you folks with 03 Cobra's, who have improved HP considerably, are still using the stock manifolds, does that mean for the Mach 1, it is even harder to improve manifold perforrmance?

Assuming shorties offer little improvement (which i have used before), how about the Bassani mid length's? For street use around the 300 RW area?

I've done this stuff before on blower car, just trying to figure out if it's worth while to work on Mach 1 exhaust, especially since I plan to keep stock 2 1/4" catback to keep noise down.

Unless I change my mind, I just plan to add MRT 2 1/2" Hi flow catted H pipe for some sound. This car will be 100% street use driven by this old man around to the strip and local car show and cruise activity.

Opinions for this 100% street car stock geared car appreciated. !/4 times and max HP are not important on this car.

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
If the manifolds on the Mach 1 are the same as on the 03 Cobra, I doubt putting headers will make much difference, and even if it made a few more ponies, I don't think the price is justifiable.

Seems like the 03 Cobras do no benefit much when going to long tubes. I'm not sure about the shortys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts