Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

how is this combo

958 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  fioresvt 
#1 ·
next month i am finally going to do my pulley change. this is my parts list so far, if anyone has any comments or addition to this list please let me know.

2.80 press on pulley
Billetflow or Metco Idler pulley and bracket
Diablo chip
NGK TR6 plugs
Goodyear Gatorback belt
Pulley Puller tool

i can possibly skip the last one if someone in my area would rent me their tool. i figure the 2.80 will be fine until the day comes when i can get a Kenne Bell. my current mods are

MAC 2.5" off road H pipe
Flowmaster 2.5" Cat back
9" K&N Filter

my best run has been a 12.6@114 with a 2.16 60' on the stock F1s. i know i can run a lot better times with say a 1.8 or 1.9 60', which i will find out if i can ever catch a break with the weather, i am dying to run with my nittos. i am guessing that these mods should put me at around the 122 mph mark, hopefully more. thanks for any input.

See less See more
#3 ·
You probably won't see a 8mph increase due to a 1.80 60ft. If you spin to a 2.1 you should still be the ballpark say around 119 to 120 anyways. Just a though. Raced a lot and you don't lose that much mph with that little of wheel spin.

#4 ·
oh no, i just meant that i should get better times with my present combo with those short times(1.8, 1.9). i know i won't make that up from less wheelspin. i was just saying from the mods i had i thought that i would be in that mph range. thats why i asked all of you, since there are plenty of you with those mods and you know what you guys have run. so you are thinking around 119, 120? man, that slow j/k. i still feel slow compared a lot of you. thanks for the input, keep it coming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.