Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im seeing about 14psi and it falls off 2psi in higher rpm's. I have some slip though, need to go down about 1/2 inch on the belt 74.5 with 2.8 and 100mm idler, gettin some dust in the spokes.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Thats about what I'm seeing also.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am seeing a steady 13lbs with little to no drop off...the needle just pegs 13 psi. is this because I have the TB and plenum? I can't see my 2.93 putting down 1 less psi than a 2.80....

broke7 Wednesday we need to go on a run, you need to film my gauge during a 3rd gear pull, I am very curious now

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Alaskan Assasin said:
I am seeing a steady 13lbs with little to no drop off...the needle just pegs 13 psi. is this because I have the TB and plenum? I can't see my 2.93 putting down 1 less psi than a 2.80....

broke7 Wednesday we need to go on a run, you need to film my gauge during a 3rd gear pull, I am very curious now
On a 4th gear pull on the dyno you will see drop off.
In 4th under load you will actually see more boost and also more drop off.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sonic, lemme know what time you are free. I am working mids this week, go in at 11pm.

My gage is tad off I think, my pointer with the car off sets below ZERO and ive seen my fair share of boost gages :p

·
Registered
42 Posts
we can pop mine out broke7 and see what your car does....

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats cool.

I was seein 14psi today maybe 13.

The charger has a real cool whine/whistle now at cruising speeds and part throttle with the tighter belt. I think my slip is gone finally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts