Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of mapping out what I'll be doing for the car later this year. I know that along with a new bottom end I'll be replacing the tranny and fuel system. My ultimate goal is 550-600 RWHP and maintain it streetable (a/c, radio, etc). I'm currently running a P1-SC that is pushing 12-13#'s with a 3.30 pulley. Will the P1 be able to get me to the 550RWHP mark or am I going to have to upgrade it to the D1?? I contacted Procharger and they said that the upgrade would cost about $1000. It would obviously be best to send out while the car was down, but I want to know for sure that it's needed before I spend the money. I know that my goal will depend on other factors such as heads and cam's, so if anyone has any suggestions on combinations, that would be appreciated as well.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I'd go for the D1,,Great Blower..I made over 600 easy with it..
You would be pushing the P1 hard to get 550.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
So Ben Pushed his T trim..The Poster wanted a Street car with AC...He needs a D1 to do it properly.
You guys have your Vortechs rebuilt after 10 passes....

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Vortech's were better now Prochager is better..
DEAL WITH IT!!!! :shootbird

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
No, pushing it was Ryan Archer running 9.80's or so with an S-trim, or Lidio running 9.60's with an S-trim.....no intercooler ofcourse :shootbird Ben was running his T-trim in the sweet spot!! :lol

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
******* sweet spot is Pushing it..T'ill is blows the hood off the car...

D1 is what the young man from Florida was asking about...

Read his Post FOCKER:shootbird

P.S. bring your ragady ass 200valve Vortech enhanced VOBRA to the Modular Shootout and get your hairy azzzz waxed by a Procharged gt:hammer

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
:jawdrop I was merely stating the fact that a blower that is advertised to move 1200cfm should support 550rwhp. Unless Prochager is lying about it's flow numbers :rolleyes:

:worship VORTECH

:smash

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Chad....You flow 1200 CFM so you flow 1200 cfm Daily and that's why you drive a Truck and have a 98Cobra with 4000 miles or 16000 passes,,,
The gentlemen from Florida was Asking about a 2v Street car,,And if he should upgrade his P1 to a D1 and spend $1000..I was merely stating,,He would easily get his 550+RWHP without stressing the Blower useing a D1..
You were intimating that he should scrap his P1 and get an ANTIQUE S trim..
GET OVER IT......You now have a JTZ TRIM..Why didn't you get 600rwhp out of your S trim...??

·
Registered
1,497 Posts

550rwhp X 18% drivetrain loss (more than likely it is closer to 15%) =649 flywheel hp

That should be easily reached without hurting the P1SC. Rated by Procharger to support 825fwhp it should easily make 649fwhp. That is nearly 200hp shy of what it is capable of.:cool:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I appreciate the opinions given, but my only options are to keep the P1 or spend the $1000 and upgrade to the D1. I certainly can't afford to go with another brand of supercharger.

Jimmy V, I remember reading about your car in MM&FF before you swapped the D1 for the F1. That's where my goal of 550RWHP and 10's came from. Unfortunenately, it has taken alittle longer that I would have liked. A $3500 bottem end rebuild ends up doubling before you're said and done (labor, fuel system, P&P, etc.) Hopefully by this time next year I'll have a 10 second time slip to show for my hard earned $$$'s.

Thanks for the advice!!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I have no doubt you will go 10's with a P1sc..The D1sc was such a trouble free blower for me and that is why i highly recommend it. My F1sc is more Blower then i'll ever need.
I was very happy with my D1sc.I made 640rwhp with the D1sc @ 16lbs..You will have to push the P1sc to 20+ lbs..The 1k you spend for the upgrade in my opinion is well spent.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The P1SC is going to fall on its face after ~12psi. The D1 is a much better choice. It's much more efficient at higher boost levels.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts