Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 GT Auto and I dyno'd at 192 hp and 270 tq that was with the following mods....

Timing adj set @ 16 degrees
Cold Air to mass air
Off Road H pipe
2 chamber flows dumped
3.55 gears (I know they dont add hp)

I just added Brand new 02 GT 4.6 Heads and a New Intake Stock Cams. I have the timing back at 10 now untill after I break it in because of the raised compression. So I will put it probably at 12 later, but I put the stock exhaust manifolds back on and Im adding Long Tubes and a matching off road in 2 weeks by then I might get to dyno it afterwards or before for the different results. But Im trying to get an idea of what I might be able to expect. Thanx guys Rob

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Most headswap cars with your mods are dynoing between 260 & 270rwhp.It may take longtubes to get you to 270rwhp.

Wht99 has 270rwhp with your similar mods and L/T's..He has the Bullit intake but you have a compression bump which makes up the difference.

Good luck,
Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks for the repsonse, Im hoping just for 240 to start out with and then after the long tubes maybe 250 and a tune probably , Rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cujo_64 said:
I have a 98 GT Auto and I dyno'd at 192 hp and 270 tq that was with the following mods....

Timing adj set @ 16 degrees
Cold Air to mass air
Off Road H pipe
2 chamber flows dumped
3.55 gears (I know they dont add hp)

I just added Brand new 02 GT 4.6 Heads and a New Intake Stock Cams. I have the timing back at 10 now untill after I break it in because of the raised compression. So I will put it probably at 12 later, but I put the stock exhaust manifolds back on and Im adding Long Tubes and a matching off road in 2 weeks by then I might get to dyno it afterwards or before for the different results. But Im trying to get an idea of what I might be able to expect. Thanx guys Rob
Kinda like my combo, only I'm running '01 heads, stock manifolds, and a catalytic h-pipe. I'm hoping for 240 on the dyno. Anything higher than that will be icing on the cake.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well my dyno after 300 miles after the heads were on, I got 215 and 260 tq, very dissapointing, I have to figure in though that I havent played with timing or air fuel yet so this was with stock manifolds and timing back at 10 so I will dyno again after the long tubes and timing is played with ! I hope that I can get to 240 hp and 275 tq

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im not sure to be honest I need to find the sheet and it would have it on there but it was at Dallas Mustang.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Damn! I am really surprised at those low numbers. When I had my car dyno'd, before the dyno tuning of my chip, I was pushing 245 rwhp and 278 rwt @ 87 deg (dont remember humidity or pressure). My mods were: 80mm C&L mass air with cold air K&N filter, 75 mm T/B, underdrive pulleys, off road Mac prochamber and flowmasters, no chip installed. After chip was installed and tuned, 262 RWHP 288 RWT. Not too bad. The guy at the shop was even surprised how high the #'s were. He said it was one of the highest he has seen with just those bolt on's done to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is my dyno sheet from my PI motored T-Bird when it was N/A. This was with Lightning MAF, 24# injectors, 70MM TB, blah blah blah. The highlighted lines are the tuned pull and the first lines are with no tune. This is thru a 4R70W and IRS also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts