Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
More than 90% will make here anyways:) Really I don't think many/any have broken cranks.

·
Registered
642 Posts
The rods and pistons from the Cobra can handle more then 1000 hp ??

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
There is a common misconception that the 8 bolt 99/00 GT cranks are stronger than 01-04 GT 6 Bolt cranks. This is not true.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
So the 8 bolt 99-00 crank is just as good/weak as the 6 bolt? Do you know why they changed (I know that in 99-00 ford split production between romeo/windsor)

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
So the 8 bolt 99-00 crank is just as good/weak as the 6 bolt? Do you know why they changed (I know that in 99-00 ford split production between romeo/windsor)
Correct. As for the change, maybe it was a change in assembly plants.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I have one of the 8-bolt GT cranks, cast. I believe there were a small number of forged cranks with 6-bolt set-ups. Those were probably in some Mark VIII motors.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Not sure what kind of proof there is out there, but some poeple say there was a fire in the Romeo plant in late 1998, so they moved the 4.6 mustang engine production to the Windsor engine plant for 1.5-2 years, then moved it all back to the Romeo engine plant early 01.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.