Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
One bad 2v
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how much power you guys are putting thru your stock tr-3650 and for how long? I have launched my car pretty hard a few times and it seems to be holding up pretty good.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
"3650" means 360 tq and it's a 5-speed. This is from a Tremec rep I talked to at a Fun Ford event in Bristol. If that's the case they should of named it a "3605" in my opinion, but that's not important.

I twisted my input shaft and took out some synchros with 400rwtq on 17" BFG drag radials barely hooking at all. So I'd say Ford's rating isn't too far off.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Im putting 500rwtq on mine and its never given me any cause for concern. Now I dont beat the piss out of it at the strip often though.

·
2V powered
3,867 Posts
Mine was fine when I pulled it to go with the C4. My car was making 600rwhp/676rwtq at that time. I never power shifted it and launched around 4000-4500rpm at the track.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
My stock 110k mile T45(similar to the 3650), has 10 years of use, and over 50 passes at the drag strip, launching between 4500-5500rpm. Daily driven car over 220 miles/week. I do not powershift. Royal Purple Synchromax fluid.

·
"Do Work"
1,646 Posts
I was making around 375rwhp+ same Tq for a while now, and havent had an issue. Stock Clutch as well.

I am getting my new tranny/clutch shortly, but wont be able to put it in until AFTER I pick my car up from my engine builder. So I will be making well over 400/400 with a stock 3650 and stock clutch for a day or so. Luckily I dont have to go far, and I dont plan on beating the piss out of it for the first miles anyway. As soon as I pick it up, Im driving it home and installing the new transmission.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.