Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much timing should i run as a daily driver with pump gas?i dont care about gas milage as much as power.if i bump my timing to much will i lose top end pull?i have a jet chip will that bump the timing on top of what i do with my t/a?

·
Registered
300 Posts
kozumasbullitt said:
how much timing should i run as a daily driver with pump gas?i dont care about gas milage as much as power.if i bump my timing to much will i lose top end pull?i have a jet chip will that bump the timing on top of what i do with my t/a?
generally with the timing adjuster you can set base timing at 15 or 16 depending on the quality of gas you have at the pump.
I would start at 16 if doesnt detonate leave it if it does back it up until it stops. we have seen 20RWHP out of 5 to 6 degrees of timing, naturally aspirated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will i lose top end pull with that much timing?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I run 16 deg. adv. gives lots more bottom end and pulls good to redline. Also I have run 17 deg. but fuel quality becomes a critical issue. Another small thing to think about, I use a 180 deg. thermostat and a colder spark plug, NGK V-power TR6.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what about the chip?does it up the timing like 2*?so would i run my t/a @13* or 15*???????

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would say check with Jet chips...they may tell you what your program does to timing advance. Superchips wouldnt tell me...assholes. They said it was proprietary and I would have to figure it out on my own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts