Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dealer installed Ford alarm. In order to reprogram it I learned that they let the alarm company pick up my car and drive it 14 miles each way to their shop to reprogram it. Nope, thats not gonna happen. I called the alarm shop that the dealer outsources to for installs. They have a strict policy about only dealing w/ the dealer and they are wholesalers and do not deal w/ the public at all. So, rather than let them reprogram it is there anyway I can reprogram for silent arm/disarm?

Jerry

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AudioVox Prestige according to a guy on svtperformance. I need to try this sequence to see if it kills the chirps:

ELIMINATING THE NORMAL ARM / DISARM CHIRPS
As explained earlier in the manual, you can eliminate the chirps selectively any
time you arm or disarm the system simply by holding the ARM / DISARM button for
two seconds. If you find the normal arming and disarming chirps annoying, they
can be turned off permanently, eliminating the need to hold the ARM / DISARM button
for two seconds. To do this,
1. Turn the ignition key on then off.
2. Within 10 seconds, press and release the valet push button switch three
times.
3. If the chirps were on before you started, then you will hear 2 chirps indicating
they have been turned off.
If the chirps were off before you started, then you will hear one chirp indicating they
have been turned on.
NOTE: Whenever the chirps are by-passed, the 4 chirp intrusion indicator and 3
chirp defective zone indicator will always operate. Since these are important
warnings to you that something has happened, they cannot be eliminated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Post a pic of your remote and I'll see if I can find out anything for you. I do this very thing for a living. (A model # of the alarm would be even better)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is what it looks like..

cheap camera won't focus! Argh! BTW, where can I find the model # of the alarm, its not on the remote is it?

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
I gotta head off to work soon, I'll see what I can do. If you can take a peekunder your dash and look for the alarm brain. It'll stand out because it will probably not be taped up and neat looking. I'm hoping to find the model number and it should be on the brain itself.
TTYL

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked under the dash briefly and if its on the drivers side its the box above the hood release and its installed very well. Has 3 -4 bundles of wires going into it and its secured well on a bracket that is up there. I didn't have time to dislodge it and look at any part numbers or fish a mirror up there. Does that sound like the alarm control unit? While the door was open I could hear an electronic hum from the box so I'm thinking I've found it..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes, that sounds like it. However, I was unable to get any programming info from my contacts. The only other option I can recommend is try to catch one of the installers at this place on their way to lunch and offer them $20 to do a small side job. Who knows, maybe they'll bite. I know I would! Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts